OK, I'm done lurking... Introduction, questions, & pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm done lurking... Introduction, questions, & pics

Hello everyone! Hope all is well in your neighborhood. I apologize in advance for being a such a creeper for so long. And it probably makes me sound even more weird when I say that I feel like I know many of you regulars and OG's, lol. So before you say to yourself "oh god, another ignorant newbie that wont do the work for himself and just wants us to spoon-feed him the info", NO. I am that person who reads every forum topic everyday and follows along with many grows and discussions. Yet never replies. Eventhough I often want to. When I'm out of reading material on the Forums I will search through the main site for new topics or articles that I haven't read or sometimes just to read them again.
    I'd consider myself an outgoing, passionate, friendly(yet somewhat introverted) people-person. I'm a hard worker, honourable, and calculated, with a serious case of ODC, lol.

If you havent gathered yet, yes this might be a bit of a read. TL;DR @ the bottom.

I decided to start growing cannabis again as a hobby. I havent grown/worked in the industry since the early 2000's. As a teenager and into my twenties I was an all-day everyday toker, like most of us probably were. Settling down as a member of society later in life it was maybe a hit in the morning and few good puffs after work. Over the last decade or so, I generally do not partake in consumption of this wonderful cultivar of ours but for a few months at a time, every couple of years. But growing is an amazing hobby and learning experience. I reside in a somewhat rural area and I also experiment with many trees, shrubs, and our large vegetable garden. Getting home from a long work day and hanging with the gals or working with the veggies(after giving my family some time) is just peaceful. You all know what I'm saying.

I found this site about three years ago, and the forums not long after that. A great place indeed, and my go-to for all cannabis cultivation realated information. Rarely will I search for information on other sites. If I do find myself elsewhere, it is usually just to compare notes. I enjoy trying new things all the time and experimenting with new methods.

I currently reside in a medical-only state. One that does not have cultivation permissions in place. *sad face*. So everything I do is extremely covert. My harvests are kept jarred up in the cellar and given away to family and one or two close friends.

After spending close to six months contemplating how I would start this new journey, preparing my space, and completing my shopping list; I dove in head first. Seriously.
    I had a bunch of unknown bagseed(most likely from and outdoor mother with hermaphrodite tendencies, lol). Considering that I had never grown indoors, this could get interesting. So, paper towel method, peat pods, propagator, shity lights; check! Made it to vegitative phase...wheew! Got myself somewhat better lighting and had several somewhat heathy plants. Plants that I kept in veg wayyy to long, lol. After all, this first run was entirely an experiment. So, I began to abuse the ladies. And I'm talking every LST and HST method under the sun, lol. It was fun. Had quite the battle with thrips. Had hermies. Had serious foxtailing. Nute overloads. You name it.
    Grew alot of bud, but far from premium flower. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I effd up the cure. I'm dealing with a much lower RH environment in my mountainous region as compared to where I first grew cannabis decades ago in my birth state of CA. Serious learning curve if you ask me!

Ok, onto now. I kinda quit using synthetic nutrients and have several growns down with my own living soil build and supplemented with ogranics/teas. I think this is where I will eventually settle down. A soil which I believe I still do not have dialed in. I've got much better full spectrum quantum board LED's, good genetic seeds from reputable companies, and I finally broke down and bought myself a BlueLabs pH meter, lol. Hydroponics has always intrigued me. So most recently I built a small RDWC hydro setup and had possibly the fastest and best germination rate ever with rapid rooters in net pots. Guess we'll see how it goes! At the moment I have six Big Bud Autoflower(I use this description loosely because I have had weird abnormalities and have also had to force flower with these genetics out of the Netherlands) babies planted RDWC in my larger space, and one Chunkadelic autoflower from Humboldt Seed Company roughly twelve days into flower in organic soil inside my 2×3' space. I also have some regular OG Kush and Northern Lights photoperiods and some femenized Puple Panty Dropper photos that I plant to grown in the near future.

My goal with cultivation will always be the same as when I indulged in cannabis full-time: Quality over quantity!

I'm going to attempt to add some pictures and possibly a signature tag to this inaugural post but no guarantees, lol. I would also like to use this thread as a place to share previous photos and questions that I've had. As well as have others formally introduce themselves as they wish.

Thanks for reading everyone. Ok, let me have it! Lol

TL;DR: Hello! New guy here, but no noob. I grow, but do not currently partake. Tried alot, succeeded some, failed alot. Gonna keep going. Currently growing some babies RDWC in my larger space and flowering one in my organic soil space. High quality flower is the goal!
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-04-2022, 01:09 PM.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Ok, I'm already having troubles as expected.
    All the photos that I would like to share seem to exceed maximum file size. Hmm...

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy and welcome to the forum Blowdout2269. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your grow.

Thanks DW2.
    I'm looking forward to learning how to share them!

Maybe one of you more technologically capable people would be kind enough to explain how I can resize or format photos? It says that I am limited to 2.0mb. :/

Comment

You need to resize them down before posting.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'm aware of that. But just shrinking the photo doesn't cut it. Do I have to use another app do do this? I'm on an android device, if that helps.

Enjoyed your seed project btw!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210919_120516.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	575504 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210812_180522.jpg
Views:	441
ID:	575500 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210414_191643.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	575501 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210919_120600.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	575502 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210707_212200.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	575503 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210919_120516.jpg
Views:	444
ID:	575505
          Ok, well here's several pics that meet the file size requirements. Not in any specific order: Got some frosty buds from a harvest last year, either Big Bud or White Widow autos. A fricken fat palm leaf, lol. A solo cup clone. And some serious foxtailing.

Got lots more to share. Please be patient with me, as I am technologically challenged.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the forum looks like you got " green thumb " skills. We love bud shots

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy Blowdour2269. Nice!

• Satyaban
            Satyaban commented
            Editing a comment
            It's good to see ya. I had trouble with pictures my first go round, I think many have.

Welcome, blowout. We love creepers and lurkers.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks SoOrbudgal and alltatup.

Loved the PBB grow last year budgal. It actually had me going out to find the strain when I was on vacation so I could sample, lol.
            Good to see you back alltatup. I really like your grow space. Probably gonna have some hydro questions for ya.

Anysuggestions on the picture uploading debacle?
            Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-05-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Club! Indoor growing is a challenging and rewarding hobby and I share a lot of your experience. Piece of advice, research before you buy. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. 300watt lights for a $100? No friggin way!
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Hi and welcome,
                I can't give advice on growing but like you I am somewhat challenged with technology. I find it easy to resize pictures on my laptop using the "Paint" program, I believe it may be something that comes included with windows, just open the picture file and reduce by a % (percentage) I usually start with 50%, and check the file size to see if it meets the requirements for posting. This may be time consuming and results in duplicate copies of the picture. Always make a copy of the picture before altering so if you mess up, you can always go back and recopy the original file and start over.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words OldManGrower. You've raised some great topics that have been enjoyable reads.

And yes, I thought I had done good research prior to starting this venture, but blurples, blah! Think I have another new one still in the box somewhere lol. I guess they have their purpose, but will never get me through a good cannabis flowering.
                  Guess hindsight is always 20/20.
                  Been contemplating Electric Sky in the future.

Comment

Hello iwanttoknow!
                    I really appreciate that tidbit. Though most of my contributions will be done via an Android mobile device. I have great desktop, but shit internet here in the woods. Though I could always connect to good wifi through it using the mobile hot spot.

edit: spelling
                    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-05-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Question:
                      What do you hydro people do when reservoir pH is constantly climbing? I recently discovered that turning off the air stones when taking readings gave better accuracy. Duh, right? But, I sure feel like I'm using alot of pH down, lol. So obviously, I have been aiming for the low end of the DWC spectrum, then letting it drift up to 6.5. Is this common?

Info:
                      - My water is at roughly 7.5ph & 150ppm almost year round.
                      - Advanced Nutrients - Micro, Grow, Bloom, and Sensi Cal Mag Xtra adjusted to 5.5 & roughly 500pm (1/4 dose).
                      - Reservoir is maintained at approximately 7 gallons
                      (currently 2-3" below net pots) & 70 degrees farenheit.
                      - Current environment is 73°F +/-3°with 44% RH +/-3%.
                      - True 100 watt full spectrum QB LED panel @ 3/4 power 16" above canopy. Average leaf temp 70° F.
                      - Big Bud "autoflowers" about 20 days since germination.

I'm sure some of y'all are gonna say something about VPD...blah blah. Believe me, I'm trying. It is a very very dry climate here. Maybe 15-20% RH outside. So I'm hoping to flower into winter where the girls will raise humidity for me.

Comment

Think I figured it out!
                        But the process to downsize these files was a real SOB...

Here's the start of it all
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201219_115539_resized_1_21114527054184.jpg Views:	0 Size:	715.8 KB ID:	575938 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210121_214106_resized_20732605738236.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	575939 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210129_184946_resized_21138448907508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	785.9 KB ID:	575940
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-09-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Here's some of the flower/foxtail pics
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210325_205333_resized_21152310065471.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	666.8 KB
ID:	575944 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410_210610_resized_21210460634616.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	804.3 KB
ID:	575946 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210404_150114_resized_21191311100196.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	665.5 KB
ID:	575945 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210707_212200_resized_21461043921499.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	508.9 KB
ID:	575948 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210414_204047_resized_21262259908971.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	575947 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210707_212142_resized_21444906136870.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	575943 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210424_204851_resized_21284516231098.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	575942

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X