Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aphids

In a battle with these little bastards. Not a single aphid on the planfs
    till they went into flower. Still not terrible but definitely there and staying to cause some leaf damage. Was spraying with pyrethrum before flowering but not sure if I should in flower. Outdoor soil grow. I have tried manual removing (useless) and lady bugs. Lady bugs did amazing on my interior grows but won’t stick around on exterior grows. Thinking of peroxide? Any other suggestions for flowering plants (3 weeks in)?

Diatomaceous earth has always worked well for me. Doesn't cause any issues with flowering at all.

Comment

• Izzie1701
      Izzie1701 commented
      Editing a comment
      crucialbunny how do you apply it. Just dust the leaves and stems and avoid the buds? I’m always worried to get something in my bud I shouldn’t be smoking.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually aphids will be on your stems so I that's where I would focus my application as well as the surface of the soil.. You can also rinse your buds after harvest in tepid water. Rwise suggested ISO which is another great solution.

ISO (rubbing alcohol) mixed with water at 1 part ISO to 8 parts water (I go 50/50) spray the under side of the plant/s then the top and soak it. Spray the soil, pot everything near by. This is a contact killer so it needs to be redone every 3 days for at least 3 treatments, then watch. The alcohol evaporates fast leaving only water behind to evaporate, fans can be added to help.
    Look for ants near your grow, they move aphids around as a farmer moves his cattle.
    Ladybugs will be great, but it also takes time for them to do the job, they'll eat and make babies for next year.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X