My Setup came give me some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Setup came give me some thoughts

Its all together and hooked up missing one pipe clamp gotta run to hardware store and get it! waiting on my clones now!

Build day is so much fun (but perhaps not quite as much fun as scissor hash day)

I found that mounting my fan inside the tent helps reduce noise a bit, as does suspending the fan unit with bungie cords.

Good luck with those clones.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Great tips about keeping an exhaust fan quiet! I also hang my exhaust fan from inside of the tent (I have mine hanging from rope ratchets) and that made a huge difference in the amount of noise It also helps keep the exhaust system working far better if the fan is close to the grow light/heat source (like Potted said below)

It's like the Brit said, also the fan pulls better the closer it is to the light or pushes if you put in front of light and hang it there instead.lol

Comment

alright i will hang it in but i will have to get some brackets it did come with some rachet things though. i just made it a sealed system and the temp is finally dropping was at 83f

Comment

Originally posted by Inuart88 View Post
        Its all together and hooked up missing one pipe clamp gotta run to hardware store and get it! waiting on my clones now!
        Looks like you have done some research....I have the same lights....2 and same ballast and all that....39 days 27/7....running like a champ...Good Luck...Its Fun......(DWC)...next time...Autos.....Peace.....

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          hours of research and reading reviews and this and that and this and that ahhh so worth it though!

hey, those of you that have fans hanging inside....

i've read that it's better to pull the air out of the light....but i've also read (fewer reports) that say you should push the air through and across the light....does it matter? what are the considerations in play?

thank you!!
        "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always heard that it's better to pull hot air out of the light. For example that's why on computers you have fans pulling air out instead of pushing it in. Pushing air in also increases the amount of dust that goes in compared to a passive air intake.

But... although I've read from other growers (and only seen it this way in grow rooms) I have to admit I've never tried it both ways myself to see how big of a difference it actually makes.

I'd love to hear from other growers about this! It's easy to get caught up in "it's always done this way" but real experiments are even better!

007 commented
          Editing a comment
          The dust would be mitigated by having to mount the carbon filter on the intake of the fan. You could have the filter outside the tent with the fan pushing through it but then youve got a carbon filter sitting outside the tent, and your fan sucking up whatever comes in the tent.

so would i put a duct from the light into the fan then out the tent?

Comment

To me It's worth ducting the light all c the c way and running ducts in and out as well. Eliminates light leaks and makes the tent run cooler. .02
          SSD

Comment

This is generally how it's recommended to set up your exhaust (though there are definitely variations!). The main goal is to have the air go in a short, straight line if possible.

Simple cannabis  exhaust system diagram

This is what mine looks like inside the grow tent. The fan is hung from the top of the tent so it's positioned right next to the exhaust hole, and ducting connects the light to the fan. There's a lot of extra ducting in this picture, and I have since cut the ducting shorter so there's less slack. The less ducting the air has to go through, the more efficient the system! But even when it was like this is worked very well.

Carbon filter and exhaust system in a 4'x4'x7' grow tent with 600W MH/HPS

Then I have their hot air go out through a window through bamboo curtains (which lets air through but not light).

I wrote a little more about it here (with pictures and videos), along with a few other ideas for making a stealthy exhaust.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I also made a little "cheat sheet" for exhaust systems

This diagram illustrates visually what you need to understand about setting up a grow room with an exhaust system that works

Comment

WAHOOO! Congratulations and great set up. Such an exciting time. Spring Forth!!!
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

clones are on there way!!!!!!

Comment

Dude you are on your way! Congrats! Looks really really good!

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Clones have come at las t also changed my vent to pull from top of tent creating a vaccum pulling in air through to bottom these clones are a month old so first week of veg my little guys are 1week and a day behind from seed. my tent will take 9 7 gallon smart pots so i have 9 here i think i can make it workClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7416.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.71 MB ID:	57659Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7417.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	57660

Comment

should i cut off the light burned leaves at the top or just leave em?

Comment

• Inuart88
                      Inuart88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah i realized that this morning lmfao i think i worry to much sucks when you have nothing else to do

• NebulaHaze
                      NebulaHaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It just means you care! And you can tell from looking at your healthy plants that you care

• Inuart88
                      Inuart88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its just that first time grower fear i did remove the big ass fan leaves on my fire og to get the bottom hit by light seems to be doing fine. thought i might shock it

Just picked up a turbo cloner and got my bytes and ppm meter ready to cut some clones

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X