Never seen this. Helppp. :))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen this. Helppp. :))

These 2 were outside in hot weather this summer 103+. Have been in the shade due to me freaking out thinking getting too much sun for about a month now. Have never seen leaves turn in like this. My indoors are perfect. Same nutes everything. Should be flowering by now or close but not sure on these 2. Worst experience outdoors I've had in 5 years. Never seen this. Watering them every 2.3 days gallon and a half. When soil looks dry They are in 5 gallon fabric. Any ideas? Thank you.

I've had this happen to plants on a couple of occasions and it occurred following very hot spells. I ended up installing a retractable sunshade that I use on the hot days and it has helped. Certain strains seem more susceptible than others. And yes, it did delay flowering but they seemed to catch up when temps came down.
    Last edited by crucialbunny; 08-16-2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Howdy Nvgreen, 103° is too hot for cannabis plants. Setting up some partial shade can help, but if you could set up a mister over the plants, that would lower the temperature by several degrees. A friend of mine used to grow cooler weather plants in the heat by making a cheese cloth tent over the plants and placing a length of mister hose along the top of the tent. The cheese cloth allowed enough light thru and the water evaporating kept the temperature within a tolerable range.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Man dude i sure hope you got to these in time with that shade. I'm so sorry for this happening an i've seen it happen to others as it can happen in a quick way. Hence the reason i shade mine in over 95f strong hot sun. Granted these originally began in harsh hot conditions but not our wimpy hybreds so now ya learned by trial an error. Yes i water them in the shade mist them lightly but keep them hydraited until the worst of the heat wave is past. My watermelon vine looks like those tops on your plants an they love heat but the friggin sun feels like a oven out there without shade trees.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I will head to the hardware store and find something to shade them more. Thank you everyone for the reply. Definitely will have a shade for next grows from now on.

Comment

Are your pots directly on the ground? Or sat on a hot surface. I live in alamogordo new Mexico about a hour from the border. It's a desert climate reaching 120° during summer time. When I started using plant caddies and pot elevators, once acclimated heat issues all but stopped. By acclimation I mean not only to the sun but to the heat as well. If I notice plants start to taco I'll move to shade, using a mist setting on water hose (with boogie blue filter) and give them a nice shower, will also use rain water, organic pesticides, and any mildew treatment they may need at this time. Dry in less than 30mins back out under the sun. I'll also only grow sativas during hottest months since they come largely from warmer climates. Granted over certain temps really cant do much but shade, 110 or so for me personally
            Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-16-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

You may want to water just a bit more often with fabric pots vs plastic or earthen pots too. It looks like typical heat stress but they should rebound.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

take a look at these from the Plant Problems page
                Too hot for your cannabis in the grow room? Learn how to save your plants from heat stress with a variety of techniques as well as certain supplements!

Root problems can cause wilting, drooping, nutrient issues, spots & other strange symptoms. Learn the common root problems and how to treat & prevent them.

Exposure to too much breeze from the fan can affect the cannabis leaves to start to curl and "claw." Learn about wind burn and how to prevent it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X