still no flowers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no flowers?

Hello my Friends, I can't believe it, it's already 8/13, and no flowers.Is it possible for a plant to go its life cycle in Veg? I see hairs, but no balls, lol. I have chopped her in half, because shes getting way to big.I guess i'll just watering and feeding her and see what happens. I also made 3 clones, late in the grow season, late June, and they are not flowering. anyone want them, LOL.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnb1963; 08-13-2022, 09:38 AM.

I have 4 different strains going outdoors in the same area and all but the Vanilla Frosting plants have begun flower. I am assuming it's a strain thing.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      All my photos are not showing budlets yet but they are stacking and building. I've begun cutting back on the N and adding more PK nutes.

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Only my Zkittlez finally started to flower. Alien Gorilla Glue and white widow are huge but just a few hairs. Probably going to be snow before they finish.

Howdy johnb1963, those hairs (stigmas) are the female flowers. I do not grow outdoors, but how much direct sun light do the plants get each day? I'm only guessing, but maybe they are not getting twelve hours of sun light to they need to flower properly. Just an idea, good luck with your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

It's a very very long grow time outdoors johnb1963 mine are also building cola structure like yours but now i've begun using less N and more PK for feeding. Have you tried changing to the bloom nutes yet? Not that it grows any faster but it helps building bud and strengthens the stems.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

thanks guys, seems like its a normal process, and must be the strain. I grew in the exact same spot the last two years in a row, the other two grow were both different stains, than this one, but were well into flower by mid Aug. In fact both harvested by mid Sept. I use the foxfarm trio, but haven't cut off the big grow yet. still using it at 2 tea. per gal.,

Comment

This has been such a weird weather summer. Probably good that I didn't try an auto on the deck. I'd probably never grow another one. It rains very often, the ground looks cracked, the grass keeps growing fast. Wildlife visitors look thin, the deer were fearless as they ate up all of the mulberries. Young thin squirrel on my porch eating food put out for a baby stray cat. I was putting out food and water for the neighbors' 'adopted' outside cat, the 20 oz water dish was bone dry every morning. I own 2 acres of ravine, there's a small creek plus storm sewer runoff, it's been raining a lot. It's weird. Must be the humidity, always blame the humidity? I should dig out my binoculars and take a walk around. See how bad the hills are sliding down. What used to be a normal sloped hard soil steep hill down now has 'plateaus', levels/layers that don't look firm. If that washed out it'd be in a bad place to access.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

And still no tomatoes either?
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Update, she's finally started to flower.I'm so happy!
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey that's great to hear johnb1963 mine are about the same as your gal now. Is she still growing taller? I took a measurment on mine on 7/28 from the soil line to the top colas on 3 of them but did'nt bother with my 4th cause i wanted to LST her just to see how bending it at young age tied her to the pot how the branches would develop outdoors it's so exciting to get flower now lets hope for late sept. harvest

hi SoOrbudgal. yes, shes is still getting taller, but she was getting to tall, so i cut the main branches back about two feet. the girls a breast, i would have easily got 5-6 pounds off her if I didn't cut her in half, twice. looking at a pound now, with is plenty, since I don't really like outdoor weed, and will give most of it away!

Comment

Hello my friends, update, caterpillars got her, cut she down and trashed.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer i too have them but i can't waste the grow, i'm treating them best i can luckly only 1 has been inflicted and only one side? But i will ax her soon as she's near finished.

yes, it totally sucked, she was a huge plant. last years yield 17oz dry, and this one was bigger. luckily, early july a buddy asked if i could make some clones, so I did, ended up keeping 3. battling with them right now. I made a post this morning with pics. check it out, i'ld love to get your thoughts.

Comment

• crucialbunny
                  crucialbunny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amazon has a 36 inch tall butterfly enclosure for less than $30 that works great for smaller plants and keeps all bugs out of your grow. My plants last year were ravaged by caterpillars and so I built a PVC frame 7'x10' that I covered in mosquito netting and I haven't had a single caterpillar this year. It cost me about $75 for everything I needed. It has required some creative training when they reached the 7 foot ceiling but it was doable.

nice, i will try that next summer. what did you do for an entry point? twist ties?

Comment

• crucialbunny
                  crucialbunny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not able to post a pic on your comment but the butterfly enclosure has a large zipper door and the screen house I made I'm able to just slide the mosquito netting up to rest on top while I work on and water the plants. Honestly, It's been a godsend for me this year. I have 3 plants that are outside the enclosure and just today discovered a caterpillar damaged bud on one of them. My buddy who I give starts to, grows in his backyard and he's getting not only caterpillars but grasshoppers too. If you do end up using the netting next year, my suggestion is to not bother until flower. I used mine throughout the grow and now the sun and weather is taking its toll on the fabric.

good point, thanks bunny. i have been growing in my backyard for 3 years, i just a couple weeks age i found out my city does not allow outdoor growing, only indooors. every city in CA has their own guidelines.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X