Under Canopy Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Canopy Lighting

I've always been an outdoor grower but I'm considering trying my hand at some indoor plants over the winter. Due diligence had me trying to formulate ideas for a grow area and how to light the area sufficiently. This got me to thinking about the feasibility of adding lights below the canopy for areas that don't normally get enough light. I can't recall having seen any discussion on this forum about anybody using it in conjunction with a regular overhead lighting system, so I jumped on the web and found this really interesting article and thought I'd share it here and see what others thought about it. The results were pretty remarkable.

I use to use a 4' fluorescent fixture on one side of my closet laying horizontal. I've also had some 50w COB leds used for side lighting. Then turn the plants a 1/4 turn a day. But some get too big to do that after a while. I use reflective mirror film on the floor.

My current grow is a 2x4x6' tent and suffers from lack of lower light. But the plants are too big for any side lighting. Using a Mars Hydro TSL2000 300w.

Some use vertical bulbs hanging down in the middle. I saw some T5 LED 120v on Amazon bulbs that would be good for that as they only needed a connection at one end.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X