Exhaust for 2x2 tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust for 2x2 tent

I am trying to replicate the mini 2x2x3 tent turorial and I have a couple questions about the exhaust fan.

1. Do you have any other suggestions for the fan and filter? I cant seem to find the AC infinity in my country. Something quiet and efficient

2. Once i am up and running, does the fan need to be on 24/7? Odor control is definitely a must.

3. If I am away from my house for a week or two, i assume i’d put the lights on schedule, but what about the fan? Should i just leave it on constantly?

4. Do you recommend a small ventilation fan
    In the tent as well? Its pretty hot here.

5. Is there a fire hazard leaving the fan/LED panel on inside the tent if I am away?

Thank you so much!

1-no suggestions out of US,

2- during veg inline/extraction fan isnt needed, unless temps or humidity is an issue. I'll generally not run mine throughout the majority of veg. Little 2x2 that's not many plants, you probably wont smell them at all during veg. Late veg through flower it'll need to be on 24/7

3- fan what about water, yes fan will stay on constant

4- back to ac Infinity all I really use

5-yes but we all do it it's very minimal. Anything that plugs into the wall has potential to be a fire hazard

Comment

You're talking 12 cubic feet. I've gotten away with using a muffin fan in a 2x3x4.5 when the tent is closed and dark. Although, a 6" hurricane fan will do a better job, especially if you go closed with the light on. Whatever the case, you need to exhaust your tent when closed. My tents are open when the lights are on, so it isn't a huge deal for me. It was at the beginning when I was closed.
      Also have internal fans that move the air. You have such a small space, muffin fans are also a real good choice.
      Since, I believe, an inline fan is way too much, consider ONA blocks.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

4 in would work fine in a 2x2 6 would be too much over the top. I run a 6in in a 3x3 that's excessive. Just trying to save you some money, anywhere from like 30 to 50 $ in between the two

Comment

Fan and lights off and tent closed the humidity will get over 80%. It all depends on if you subscribe to the Vapor Pressure Differential sweet spot or not.

You can get temp and humidity controllers separate. But I've found I have to attend to the tent at the lights on or off. I use AC Infinity with the controller. Short of full computer control of some sort I don't see me being away for a week. If I did the tent would be open to the room.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X