Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used this for Trimming or knows cheaper kief collection option?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used this for Trimming or knows cheaper kief collection option?!

I've always been disappointed with the amount of crystals i lose when trimming so been browsing to find some kind of trimming tray/kief catcher - the best looking one i found was called Trim Bin & is in the below Amazon link - Firstly, i just wondered if anyone here has one and are they as awesome as the reviews sound?? It's apparently made in California so i thought maybe you guys being mostly US might be more familiar with it??? If it's a genuine godsend i could be tempted.

Secondly though, the price here in UK is £50 - if it'd been priced at £20 i probably would've just bought one, but £50 it is pretty expensive for just plastic & a screen mesh. (Their replacements/accessories are quite high priced too) - so i also wanted to ask if anyone has their own budget or DIY version, etc or do you guys have any good tips for crystal catching while trimming please??

Thanks in advance!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TrimBin-Tri...87297935&psc=1
    Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 08-09-2022, 01:31 AM.

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...gathering-kief

That's my two cents' worth on it.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post

Hahaha that's awesome thank you very much!! Exactly what i was looking for cheers! (I didn't think to try searching 'Trim Bin' on here lol, as i assumed it was some new thing doh!)

Am glad to hear it is worth it and i trust your judgements fine, so i may have to treat myself thanks!

Comment

You dont use a trim bin, collects alot . The kief collected itll pay for itself the first use. Or just use that principle and make you one just wood and screen. Generally I'll get like a quarter of a regular Mason jar each harvest, without trying to collect Kief. Just store it like weed in a cool dark place with a humidity pack.
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-09-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          wow...a 1/4 of a mason jar each time? I must be experiencing operator error.

Its what I use.
        “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
        ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Never heard of a TrimBIn, but you can bet I just ordered one. Baking sheets suck. Far too messy and generally uncomfortable to use. Thank you so much, alltatup​, for the link!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You're very welcome!

$10 USD off today Tuesday
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Been using for a couple years. Incredibly convenient toy!
            A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X