Advice on Nanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Nanners

Hi. I just found nannerws on one of my 3 plants and looking for advice. I have 3 sativas going in my 2 by 4 tent, at 7.5 weeks flowering. The Durban Poison from Canuk is almost ready, at 20% amber, which i will be trimming within the week at latest - so she' fine, although no idea why ripe so early. There is a Dr Grinspoon which is still wispy flowered with all white pistils, expected to be flowering for another 5 or 6 weeks. the question is with a Panama Red , which came from a local grower in trade for a light - and is possibly a mystery plant so true harvest date isnt sure. as a comment - a couple other ones from him didnt seem like the strains named. The PR has had cool flowering from the start, looking like foxtails, and is really just filling out - but now nanners. She had very few trichomes at all and just maybe 25% cloudy. I have removed her from the tent and hope the Dr G hasnt yet been fertilized. But for the PR, can anyone give me an idea how long it takes to make seeds once fertilized? I want to wait as long as possible to let her mature, but really dont like half a harvest being seed, like happened to me recently. I have attached photos of the PR bud that i think show the nanners, and there are quite a few. also a microscope photo showing a nanner and some upper bud trichomes. suggestions and comments are welcomed. I must say the Durban Poison and Panama Red disappointed my with shorter stretch than expected. reutable seed breeders - I will stay with them from now on, even in trade.
    Attached Files
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Panama reds can go for like 11 or 12 weeks or more why they aren't grown as much anymore. You can cut them off, or take a few seeds

Comment

Originally posted by Bootsy View Post
      Hi. I just found nannerws on one of my 3 plants and looking for advice. I have 3 sativas going in my 2 by 4 tent, at 7.5 weeks flowering. The Durban Poison from Canuk is almost ready, at 20% amber, which i will be trimming within the week at latest - so she' fine, although no idea why ripe so early. There is a Dr Grinspoon which is still wispy flowered with all white pistils, expected to be flowering for another 5 or 6 weeks. the question is with a Panama Red , which came from a local grower in trade for a light - and is possibly a mystery plant so true harvest date isnt sure. as a comment - a couple other ones from him didnt seem like the strains named. The PR has had cool flowering from the start, looking like foxtails, and is really just filling out - but now nanners. She had very few trichomes at all and just maybe 25% cloudy. I have removed her from the tent and hope the Dr G hasnt yet been fertilized. But for the PR, can anyone give me an idea how long it takes to make seeds once fertilized? I want to wait as long as possible to let her mature, but really dont like half a harvest being seed, like happened to me recently. I have attached photos of the PR bud that i think show the nanners, and there are quite a few. also a microscope photo showing a nanner and some upper bud trichomes. suggestions and comments are welcomed. I must say the Durban Poison and Panama Red disappointed my with shorter stretch than expected. reutable seed breeders - I will stay with them from now on, even in trade.

Yo dude, I'm only going off memory as can't be bothered re-googling atm, though to answer your question - it'll start on making seeds the second it gets fertilised, though it'll be about 3 - 5 days before you'd begin to see any tiny, unformed seeds inside if you happened to crack a bud open - i think correct full maturation time for a new seed is 2 - 3 weeks if i remember right. How many seeds you may see is individual to that plant, so I hope you'll get away with as little as possible!
      Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 08-09-2022, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        They say completely opposite things but their both right lmao come on. People just need to stick giving advice on situations they've experienced. Using internet that's biased or based on someone else's experience either a individual grow or even a actual lab study. In lab studies does everybody think they use every strain, every method, therefore outcomes will vary. Giving people information from that will eventually lead to ruining someone's grow. Giving advice on situations that one hasn't experienced without a understanding of every angle. Why I stick around the growers knowledge on this form is very mediocre. Dude wants to talk about commercial growers when he doesn't understand what he's talking about, all this may work on new buddies why ya'll keep giving bs advise like that no ones been here to know better and call yall out on it before yall ruin a grow. Only time I get like this is when it comes to effect the outcome of someone's hard work. I'm about helping not hurting, keeping my mouth shut and eyes open on subjects I haven't experienced.

• DaGreenBlazer
        DaGreenBlazer commented
        Editing a comment
        And that's where you're completely wrong too, because yes, we are actually both correct!!

The fact you don't understand the terminology involved highlights where your level of experience tails off.

• DaGreenBlazer
        DaGreenBlazer commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me break it down for you:

Maturity & Ripeness are not the same thing - it's common usage for the words to be used interchangeably, but they are distinct & separate phases of growth.

Maturity refers solely to the chronological age of a body - Ripeness describes the relative levels of, and current state arrangement of the chemical compounds present within that body - they are 2 separate processes.

Seeds will mature AND THEN THEY WILL RIPEN!!!

I am extremely correct by stating seeds will MATURE within 2 - 3 weeks - once mature, seeds will then take a further 2 - 3 weeks to RIPEN, which means total seed growth time is 4 - 6 weeks. LEARN WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

And if you're so keen on getting into a dick swinging contest over 'experience' then please come with something better than that Mickey Mouse photo of a urine sample pot filled with seeds - you're just painting pollen onto pistels to get free seed stock - it's nothing special at all - it doesn't suddenly qualify you as a breeder lol!!

Come back to me with pictures of 2 litre ice cream tubs filled with seeds AND pictures of your hermatically sealed rooms and then i might actually start taking you seriously.
        Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 08-11-2022, 08:58 AM.

Seeds take 4-6 weeks to fully ripen, and seeds from a hermie often produce more hermies, though the seed will be feminized. Seeds from the other plants produced from this one would be the better seed to keep and plant.

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        This is more accurate

Howdy Bootsy, don't go worrying over a few (or even a 'bunch' LOL!!) of nanners. If they do fertilize some of the flowers, the seeds produced will be female. I have been growing with my nannered seeds for several years and I have not had any problems from them. I am not certain, but I believe that the nanners only fertilize themselves because I have had plants both with and without nanners and not all of the plants even get fertilized. the bud from my last grow, ever though it had nanners, I have not found any seeds in it, so far.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks. hoping for there to be only a few , already found some seeds almost developed once i looked closely. i counted nanners on one bud and stopped after 20, so there's lots. i remember as a teenager that some seedy pot seemed to be the best, but soooo much weight would be lost - the conundrum as you realize. . getting less, but better bud - sounds like preferred method . 2 days before 5 day vacation. waiting at least that long and look again at the trichomes which are still pretty glassy today. bet it at least a couple weeks.

Take one nanner, cut it in half, length wise. Put two scoops of nilla ice cream between the cut nanner. Pour some butterscotch over the ice cream, sprinkle nuts, and top with a Maraschino cherry.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        from the appearance, I agree. neat looking thing.

At 4 to 6 weeks you'll get anywhere from like 30 to 60 viable seeds. Regardless when you harvest you'll only have about 20%-30% viable seeds vs a shit ton on non viable or ones that may be iffy youd just rather not waste time on. When I run seeds I'm not running the plant for smoke I'm running for seeds. By allowing the plant to go until ripe seeds are falling off will insure you acquire the most viable seeds.

4 to 6 weeks is the advise that should have been given as rwise did. not 2 to 3 weeks for full seed maturity

"- i think correct full maturation time for a new seed is 2 - 3 weeks"

Not a big deal however again with this internet bs vs a understanding of what you're trying to give information on
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-10-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
        DaGreenBlazer commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know what pogo stick you got stuck riding, but AGAIN the OP isn't asking breeding questions - he's asking will he see seeds in a few weeks.

And as for your spiel about helping him, how is telling him he's got a 4 - 6 week grace period of not worrying any help to him?? He's not asking about how good a quality seed stock will he harvest for future breeding; he's asking about will his homegrow be infected with seeds - a simple question like his is easily answered & your arguing over 'when do seeds fully ripen' is off no use to him - he wanted a simple yes or no, and it is categorical yes, claiming otherwise is ludicrous.

Learn to read the question first, and frankly, learn to read full stop - i literally stated that i couldn't be bothered to google it and you're then accusing me of getting it off the internet???! Lol make sense you Muppet!

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry that butt hurt you, appreciate the name calling. You brought up commercial growing why the topic changed

didnt mean to start an argument. I was jut looking for info to decide when to harvest to maximize my buds. I am seeing more seeds every day, and am still waiting. have actually put her outdoors at night thinking the cool will spped maturity. A trichome check today and as soon as most are cloudy she is coming down. for me kind of an experiment. Boy there are a lot of nanners. new light that was great for 2 of 3 plants so I am thinking it is genetics primarily. If sunny, she is even gonna get put outside and then in shed early for early evening rest in the dark.. I believe i have learned to stay with seed breeders who know what they are doing, even for trade.
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
        DaGreenBlazer commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol sorry dude - it's not normally like this here! I just wasn't in the mood for being trifled with!

Am also sorry to hear for you that the seeds did materialize, and hopefully next time you'll get ones that stay female the whole course. Rwise does also raise a very valid & important point below too.

If you have folks near you that grow, they are going to hate you! Why would you risk infecting other folks plants?

Comment

"can anyone give me an idea how long it takes to make seeds once fertilized? I want to wait as long as possible to let her mature"

Not seed parts or pieces of seeds but seeds, again it takes 4 to 6 weeks after pollination to make seeds. As rwise mentioned

also if op plans on harvesting you need to consider that in your comment as well. If that's a true Panama red, they have some of the longest flowering times ever. If they listened to you they'd harvest wayyyyy too early, because of pieces of seeds. Be better off just chopping down now. Harvesting at 4 weeks would be closer to end flower with minimal seed production waiting 6wks would give a greater seed production, but riper plant. Just have to base harvest off of what they see. However just because theres nanners doesn't mean your plant or plants will be seeded out, highly possible but not 100% I've also had nanners I've smoked about a qp of that weed no seeds yet

last thing I'll say on here point cant be made any clearer.
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-11-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

In case anyone is interested, see photo from last night. She is maturing, and obviously has seeds, but i guess the question now will be how many seeds. I am keeping her going till solidly cloudy trichomes, not waiting for amber this time. Now are maily cloudy so within a week. Buds have gained a lot of weight which likely means seeds, but will see. The foztail style buds were from day 1. I was/am very curious.

Comment

• Bootsy
            Bootsy commented
            Editing a comment
            sure didnt grow very high. i was scared in my little tent so started flowering early, but needlessly. not sure of genetics - and we are now at 9 weeks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X