HLG combo for low temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HLG combo for low temps?

Been a while since I’ve posted. I’ve relocated and had to change up my growing situation from cold/dry to hot/humid. I used to run an HID in DWC and now I have LEDs for coco.

I bought two lights from HLG, their 135w rspec kit and the 270w rspec.

Originally I was planning on using the lights for different scenarios but then i thought I could benefit from this combo.

I have a 2x4x6 tent for 3 plants and instead of running just the 270w light on it’s own, I thought that running the 270w light at 200w and the 135w light at 100w would give me 300w with a very low temp.

I was hoping someone has run this combo or half of it to give feedback. Then I was hoping for feedback on running the lights at lower setting to ensure I don’t mess anything up by running the lights at lower wattage, like how far the lights penetrate in to the plants and so on.

Well wish i could help but i don't run HLG. But in my experience growing with LED true they don't run hot but yes they are very powerful most folks learn by the burn when placed to close. I've got a dial on mine also it's a great idea putting that on there. So when i use them at about a month old on plants i place them a good 30" above a gradually lower it as i see that they like it, ya get me? Start high an lower or boost plants up on multi risers i use wood blocks like 2x4's or 4x4. Good luck it's a different light but a good one you choose
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don't run HLG lights, but all of my fixtures use similar diodes so efficacy is very close. I run both RDWC and coco in my grows with the less for the past 3 years, so I feel I can offer some insight.
      If you can maintain a leaf surface temp around 80 degF @ 60%RH, your plants will be very happy. I find that I can run my fixtures at 50% power @ 20" from the canopy during veg, and full power @ 20" during flower. I'll use a simple lux meter to quantify how much light I"m actually putting on the canopy and adjust from there.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X