Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Sst) sprouted seed tea

Anyone have any favorites for different stages of plant growth? Veg/flower

I used it once with bird seed a few years ago as a rooting agent to start some clones. I didn't know it could be used as a nutrient supplement, but makes sense.

Comment

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I can gather there may be different types of sprouted seeds that could cause different reactions within soil. Like Sprouted barley grains contain are very high in enzymes and gibberellins, as well as many vitamins, minerals, amino acids and nutrients. As well as the growth-promoting effects of gibberellins, barley SST is principally applied in order to establish and maintain the enzymes in the substrate. These enzymes help to digest dead roots, keeping the substrate and root zone in good health, as well as potentiating the soil food web and improving nutrient uptake. Some of these enzymes, specifically chitinase enzymes, have been shown to have an inhibiting effect against fusarium, a pathogenic fungus that causes great losses in agriculture as well as in cannabis gardens. Or Alfalfa (Medicago sativa)
      Rich in enzymes, vitamins, proteins and, most importantly, triacontanol, a potent growth-boosting plant hormone which increases photosynthesis by raising chlorophyll levels, increasing root mass, alfalfa seed sprout tea is a powerful plant stimulant that's perfect for the transition into flowering, when it helps to maintain close internode spacing and increase root mass. It can also be used in combination with Corn SST during vegetative growth and flowering as a general growth booster, as examples

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X