Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making vape oil. RSO and VG won't mix. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making vape oil. RSO and VG won't mix. ???

For fun, I decided to try making some vape oil from some Sundae Driver RSO I had made. (I know there is too much plant material in RSO and it is not great for smoking but I just wanted to try) The thing is, I could not get it to mix with the VG. I heated it up, stirred it but it would separate when left to sit. RSO on top and VG on bottom. From what I read, VG and PG are the two main things mixed with *pure* cannabis oil to make vape oil. I didn't have any PG, though. Was my mistake trying to use pure VG or something else? Anyone here have good experience making vape oil from home grow?

A comprehensive guide to cannabis concentrates, including extraction processes, solvent and solvent-less based products, concentrate consumption methods, history and storage. Learn about the world of marijuana extracts and find the right product for your needs.

MCT makes for the perfect carrier liquid for medical cannabis oil concentrates tinctures and capsules, available in either CBD, THC, THC|CBD, THCA and CBN.

https://extractcrafter.com/2016/08/0...annabis-twist/ This last guy really knows his shit. One of the most helpful websites out there.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The best way to make vape oil is to buy it. There are processes that you can't replicate without special equipment and knowing what short path and fractional distillation are.
      THC cartridges should not have VG or PG. Nicotine cartridges have them. There is enough gunk in RSO that it will not mix well with anything but alcohol. The gunk will also gunk up heating elements, making them pretty much worthless. I tried making juice with store bought wax. Good stuff. Wasted every bit of it because it wouldn't mix.
      On a trip to BC, and before I knew what it was, I was smoking hand rolled cigarettes that had been brushed a line of RSO. Got me so messed up and I didn't know why. Same-same for joints
      If your RSO is decarbed, eat it.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That is the lazy extractor's way out, and it's a logical impossibility. You either make it yourself or you don't. You're being abstruse. Yes, the word from Shawshank.

I have no idea what you said, lady. Go smoke some Sativa to get your brain working. Go get another tattoo. Flip the page on your calendar and tell me what the word for tomorrow will be. I'll use it in a sentence, for you.
      Would you call me a lazy extractor? I know what I am talking about. The only weed product I have not dabbled in making is distilled vape juice because of what I said in my post. I've tried the PG VG route. Even followed instructions!
      Really. Sativa.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

[QUOTE=Gingerbeard;n571696]The best way to make vape oil is to buy it. There are processes that you can't replicate.../QUOTE]

Not sure if this was your intention but now I am even more determined to figure it out. The best way to get me to do something is tell me I can't. ;-)

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do it, TT. You will need to look at short path and fractional distillation.

Puyr, a wax thinner. No pg or vg, a hemp oil derivative. But you still have crappy carts with rso. Even heating and properly thinning a concentrate just isn't the same. Make oil, evap the etoh, do dabs would be my suggestion. I messed with carts a couple of years ago. If you make oil at least you can decarb and make edibles if nothing else.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I bumped into tim Robbins in DC years ago. I pointed at him and said ANDY......
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

This guy got some really clean looking extractions using QWET and dry ice. Going to give that a try.
            QUICK WASH ETHANOL (QWET) EXTRACTION QWET cannabis oil extraction involves freezing cannabis and ethanol before combining them to “wash” and harvest the cannabinoids and terpenes from the cannabis plant to craft a concentrate containing the maximum amount of cannabinoids and terpens and minimum amount of undesirable components like fats, lipids, and chlorophyll. Once the combination…

Comment

Literally just need concentrate and terpene, Mr. Extractor

Comment

First off, props to you for experimenting with your own homegrown - that's some next-level stoner creativity! But yeah, RSO can be a bit tricky to work with because of all the plant material. So here's what I've found works for me: try using a 50/50 mix of VG and PG. I know you didn't have any PG, but it really helps with the mixing process. If you can't find PG, you can try using some MCT oil as a substitute. And yeah, as I recently discovered, Kingpen. I've heard many people say that it even works with homemade CBD. Do you know anything about that?
                Last edited by MarlonMcbride; 02-27-2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hey there! It sounds like you had an interesting experience trying to make vape oil from your homemade RSO. From what you've mentioned, it's possible that using pure VG instead of a mixture of VG and PG could have been the issue. PG has a lower viscosity than VG, which can make it easier to mix with the RSO. Additionally, using too much RSO or not heating the mixture enough could also cause separation.

If you're looking for more tips on making vape oil from home grow, I'd suggest checking out some online forums or communities where people share their experiences and methods. You could also try experimenting with different ratios of VG and PG to find what works best for you. Good luck with your next attempt!

Comment

Originally posted by TjckTock View Post
                  For fun, I decided to try making some vape oil from some Sundae Driver RSO I had made. (I know there is too much plant material in RSO and it is not great for smoking but I just wanted to try) The thing is, I could not get it to mix with the VG. I heated it up, stirred it but it would separate when left to sit. RSO on top and VG on bottom. From what I read, VG and PG are the two main things mixed with *pure* cannabis oil to make vape oil. I didn't have any PG, though. Was my mistake trying to use pure VG or something else? Anyone here have good experience making vape oil from home grow?
                  You can get PG from a compounding pharmacy. The times I have asked they wanted to know why I wanted so much, so I told 'em I was making vape liquid. They wouldn't sell it.
                  So look up some actual uses and tell them that. The pharmacists refused to sell to me for vapes.

Owned/operated a vape shop for a long time, and VG is popular. Most of the other vape shop owners love it as well. Because it gunks up atomizers fairly fast and then you gotta go buy more atomizers.

Good luck!
                  Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

I ran into this problem a few years ago and found out there are several types of PG. You need a mixture of PG 200 and 400. Best way to get that is buying a ready to use product intented for dissolving rso into PG. Can't remember the name but they exist. Google it

Comment

Y' know. I reread the title of this post. RSO is not mixing with VG/PG. I don't think they do. RSO is too 'dirty.' The stuff they put in vape pens is super clean. If you were to get them to mix, the juice would be very diluted and clog coils on the first vape. If you can't see through the juice, don't vape it.
                    If you buy a cartridge, read the label. Some contain VG/PG. The good ones are pure distillate.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

I thought the oil run was a success...but there is a lot of investment for so little return...https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...o-with-old-bud

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X