Heat wave in the northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat wave in the northeast

So for everyone out this way knows how god awful this heat is and it’s not going anywhere. I water them every other day but with this heat I don’t know if I should hit them with a little water? Or maybe just spray the outside of the bags? Or just let them be ?Any advice
    Attached Files

I let the plants tell me. I'm in CT and it's awful. Upper 90s and dew points in the upper 70s all week. Watching real close for wpm. None yet. Couple more days of this. Been watering every other day also. 2 gal/plant in 10 gal pots

Comment

Always water when dry, watering the cloth pot unless watering from the bottom wont be effective. It gets 120° here during summer. I'm watering 2 to 3 times a day right now. Of course smaller pots equal more watering. Southern new Mexico desert climate

Also depends on how you're growing. I'm organic and dont want pots to dry out but remain constantly moist
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 07-23-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

We deal with the same heat and 90% humidity every year. We also get Santa Ana winds that are hot and single digit dry. What my apartment is, my tent is. When the sun is available on my balcony, the plants go outside.
        One thing is to keep the sun off your pots. Don't wrap them. Provide shade.
        A wide mesh over your plants will allow light through but still provide shade to the plant during the hottest days. It will allow you to mist your plants with water without worrying a boat load about water drop sunburn.
        Consider putting saucers under your pots. They will help keep at least some of the roots wet.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

We have mid 90's temp and high 80's humidity. Even though the day temps are high, it usually goes into the low 60/ high 50's at night, which causes dew to settle and everything gets soaked in moisture over night. Outdoor grows in the area are hurting, WPM starting, BR comes next. Indoor there is heat, but the water soak at night is avoided, all that can be done is to ride it out.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Its been 99-110* here for to long, take your shoes off and stand on those stones (concrete?) if its hot to you its to hot for them.
            I spray my girls down while in veg with a hose early in the morning, helps get bugs off them and gives them a drink. I would not do this in the hot part of the day.
            My "pots" are a bit larger than yours, in this heat I have been watering every 3 days, as they tell me they need a drink.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X