Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they ready to harvest? (First time grower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are they ready to harvest? (First time grower)

This is my first time growing. I have 3 plants: Moby Dick, Sour Diesel, and Bangi Haze. Super soil grow, 4x4, ac infinity t6, KingLED 1000w. They are on week 14 of flower and were supposed to take 8-10 weeks. I have a preference for head highs over body highs. Are any/all of these ready to be harvested? The Sour Diesel has been swole for like 4-5 weeks now. The other 2 have only started in the past 2 weeks but they seem to have way more amber than the Sour Diesel. Please help. I don't want want to mess things up so close to the end. Thanks!

The microscopic pics show dark brown curled stamens and some amber trich heads that are not just on the leaves. The bud shots show leaves aging out. Maybe show us a few pics of the whole plants or of your tent open? The time estimates are usually low-balled on the seed info. If you don't want couch lock they might be ready. Are the colas full and buds fat and firm? Looks like a good job for your first grow!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloudy and some ambers so I say it's almost time !!

Howdy Darkwolf, they look pretty good to me. If You prefer a more 'couch-lock' effect, then let them go for a few more days. I, myself, would harvest them soon.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank you everyone for responding. I really appreciate it. ❤

Originally posted by Puglover1 View Post
      The microscopic pics show dark brown curled stamens and some amber trich heads that are not just on the leaves. The bud shots show leaves aging out. Maybe show us a few pics of the whole plants or of your tent open? The time estimates are usually low-balled on the seed info. If you don't want couch lock they might be ready. Are the colas full and buds fat and firm? Looks like a good job for your first grow!
      Thanks for the info. I've been trying to figure out why they were taking so long. I'll definitely keep that in mind so I can plan ahead for future grows. The Sour Diesel is definitely fat, firm, and swole. My once level canopy is now droopy with heavy buds. Bangi Haze firmed up quickly this past week. Moby Dick is the one I am most iffy on. She didn't really swell up much but she has the most amber.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Most excellent Darkwolf you nailed it chop away

Big Props firstly dude for posting such a depth of quality photos! Some of the Trich ones are also absolutely gorgeous pics - they look such a healthy, dense forest of shininess!

I too would agree that your plants are done & definitely look chop worthy right now - looks like an awesome effort dude - the finish line is in sight!

Comment

Thank you so much! I taped my scope to my tripod with some painters tape to keep the images still. I'll eventually get a tripod boom to make it easier to reach the flowers.

This site has been a treasure trove of information and has been a big help in getting my plants where they are. 🙂

Starting tonight I'll let them go dark for a couple days before I harvest them. Who knows if it really does anything but, might as well just in case. Do most growers do that?

Comment

Harvest now! Anything beyond 20% amber on trichs means your headed towards couch lock.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X