Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to growing, do i have an insane plant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to growing, do i have an insane plant???

I'm new to growing. never even got a plant to grow until now.
    Is there a way to tell the strain before flowering? I know there is something about leaf shape(s)?
    I'm new, so I hope to become well educated in growing
    Here's my Big Girl. Artemis.
    Coming in a 41 inches tall and clearly busty. Yes she has all hairs no sacks!!!!
    my friend gave me random seeds. And she's the one who took off.
    Keep in they told me to start my plants in late January or February. I started her at the end of march.... She was 1 of the 2 that survived that I tried to start in march. Feb. batch died ...
    Anyways any tips, ideas, or thoughts?
    Attached Files

I forgot to add. The camera isn't picking up the color very well. But when I look at her leaves they have a very faint blue tinge to them.

Comment

One could put down a big pile of money to do genetic testing, or just go with "Bag seed". Sativas have longer slender leaves while indicas have shorter fatter leaves, but that wont get you to a strain/hybrid.
      Lookin good.

Comment

I'm going to disagree, to a degree, Rwise . Please don't hate me.
        While what you say is true with pure Indica and pure Sativa strains have those characteristics, everything we buy and grow has become a hybrid.
        I grow only indica. I will get super fat finger fans at the bottom, but as they grow the plants all wind up skinnier; neither Indica nor Sativa.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          No mater it wont get to a strain/hybrid, it is what it is.

I found out thru my past grows that basic trait shows up early, from there anything can happen. With all the cross breeding that has been done to cannabis it's really hard to know if you have a "pure" strain or not BUT if your leaves stay true to their shape throughout its growing season then and only then you can say it is Sativa (long and skinny) or Indica (shorter and fatter, broader in width than length) This is how I go when it comes to harvesting and I have been pretty "spot on".

Comment

Here is a better look at her leaves. My friends plant ended up growing to 8 ft tall. Ive split her probably a good 20 something times, and shes taking off. a week and a half ago she came to my hip, now she comes to my mid stomach. and im 5ft 5. Shes 7 inches away from 4ft tall, and she still has 3 or 4 months to grow? that sounds right?
          Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't see female parts yet too soon to see. Don't count on it being a " her " show us the " hairs " you see.

• DubthaWs
            DubthaWs commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah def will 2morrow morning get some pics. She just started growing hairs.

• DubthaWs
            DubthaWs commented
            Editing a comment
            i posted the new pics down further.

DubthaWs Yes, Dub, the plant looks insane--probably paranoid schizophrenic. But she's lovely. Looks quite Sativa-esque to me.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL most likely LOL

• DubthaWs
            DubthaWs commented
            Editing a comment
            funny you say that. im bi polar...... lmao no harm, im pretty accepting of my condition.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            DubthaWs We all have "disorders"!!! I embrace mine, as you do. Right on! Considering what folks think of as "normal," I'll take my own craziness any day of the week. At least I never stormed the capitol....

Definitely a Sativa. Those leaves and the internodal spacing along with she’s growing tall not wide. IMHO

Comment

• DubthaWs
            DubthaWs commented
            Editing a comment
            she is wide. at least 20 inches diameter. The picture doesnt look big, due to distance. ill take a picture of her stem. got to get hair pictures anyways

Here are the pictures of her spacing and her little hairs coming in. The leaf is what they started off size wise.
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X