Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last chance to stop me before I make a mistake... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last chance to stop me before I make a mistake... :)

I have done my research, I have read and read and read... I am ready to start this process.
    Now, I beg you all to check my list one final time before I buy it and tell me if I'm making a mistake. The one thing I don't have on this list and I haven't made a decision about yet is the actual seeds, but this list should be everything else.
    • 4x4x7 grow tent - $100
    • Air condition unit, from friend, $100
    • Vent + Carbon Filter $100 (ipower 6" 442cfm)
    • viparspectra 1200W $270
    • RDWC
      • buckets $12/ea (square heavy duty ones) will get 4-7, 4-6 buckets in tent, 1 bucket or something for res
      • air pump $30 kulife 650GPH-20w
      • Lava rocks for the substrate
      • hydrogard $35
      • general hydro flori nutrient $34 set of 3
      • air stones $33/10 of 2x4" stones
      • net pots $10/20 4"
      • uniseals 3" $40/12
      • air tubing $19/100ft black
      • 3/4" tubing $37
      • 3/4" uniseals $16
      • water pump $21 480GPH 25W vivosun
      • Hole saw set or circle cutter $20
      • deburring tool $7
      • pipe cutter $6
      • 3" PVC pipe $30/10ft
    • ph/tds ppm meters $18
    • ph up down $16
    • tds calibration solution $12
    • window exhaust kit for the vent $10
    • usb microscope $20
    • adjustable hangers $17/12
    • all purpose PVC cement $10
    • 6" ducts $12-21
    • scrog net $14
    • wifi temp and humidity sensors $40
    • active intake fan for the AC $22
    • bright light glasses $23
    • 6" duct filters $10
    • thermostat controlled outlet for AC $20
    • outlet timers $15
    • for cloning:
      • rooting gel $18
      • rooting powder $6
      • foam collars $13
      • mist nozzles $9
      • small water pump $7
    My chest hurts because I'm nervous and excited, I don't want to mess up, I know that's part of it but I'm going to try my best to do it right the first time. So take a glance at the list and tell me what you think... let his be the beginning of my grow journal.

That light is not good. I use HLG but ai hear these lights are also good. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXFR69M...b-5e9f00386543

Comment

• lucyt
      lucyt commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you say the light is not good? I pulled it directly from this article here at GWE - https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights
      I wanted a cooler form of light since the room it'll be in is already pretty hot, hence LEDs

LED is definitely the way to go. I as well as many other growers have made the switch. That particular light is not very efficient and it is out dated technology. I have 2 of that type collecting dust. If you notice in that article they list HLG at the top for a reason. You can grow decent buds with the light that you have chosen. But it is cheap for a reason. The light I recommended above is far superior.

Comment

Yes it's older technology but for a first timer it will be fine an grow bud. I've got 2 vipar 450r 5-6yrs old and they grow bud, but it is louder an a bit warm in a closed tent. I now have a P2500 newer board from them, silent an cooler with a dimmer i love it. I've left the tent flaps open with a fan blowing/osillating outside helps. Also i don't run during hottest time of year. Just don't go and put alot plants to begin with start with 2 so you won't get frustrated learning the light. It's a real learning curve first few grows, hang in there.

Comment

If your near a “Firehouse Subs” you can get used food grade pickle buckets for $3.00 including lid. Some people complain about the pickle smell but their is a secret to removing the smell. The secret is to use the buckets.
        “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
        ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Firehouse Subs have 5 gal pickle buckets (used) for $3. The proceeds support local first responders according to their propaganda. Some folks complain about the pickle smell , but there is a way to get rid of the smell. Grow weed in the buckets (dwc) The smell doesn’t transfer to the weed. The planet will appreciate it
          “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
          ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

For those recommending different lights - what is a good mid-grade light, if not Viparspectra? Grow space is 4x4.

Comment

Had good results with:

Need to add, pruning/trimming shears, plant wire ties for training, aloe leaves (for their juice) for cloning, fans for internal air circulation (clip on fans work well) plus one for light cooling, heat sinks for the light drivers, zip ties, power strip, extension cord(s), jars for curing, boveda packs, trays for harvesting and drying, I use pH strips instead of a pH meter, container for hauling water (if you need to haul it), mini humidity meters for curing jars, speed controller for exhaust fan,
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• lucyt
                lucyt commented
                Editing a comment
                Some of those things I have, some of those things I hadn't even considered (fans for inside circulation, speed controller...)
                Appreciate your list

I'd invest in a much better pH pen. The jars, Bovedas, hygrometers can wait a while, watch price trends. I'm using vipar lights, there are better ones out there. I have a double timer: one set for 18/6, other hole set for 12/12.
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

For the tent I'd go with the AC Infinity 4 x 4 kit. It has pretty much what you need for the basics. For feed water monitoring I'd go with Bluelab Growers Toolbox meters. For your RDWC setup I think you're good but I personally would recommend you go soil for your first time. Way cheaper for now and you can always setup an RDWC system once you've familiarized yourself of the plants needs.

You have propagation supplies in your list. Are you planning on a separate mother room? Propagation is going to involve maintaning mothers of whatever cultivar you decide to go with.

Comment

I agree with rootsruler you can buy all that stuff and if that cheap pH pen starts to go off and I have had that happen. Buy a blue Lab pH pen I paid $140 and it comes with 5 year warranty.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X