Hey Okies 818, 819, or 820?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Okies 818, 819, or 820?

All Y'all read these and tell me what you think, is any of it positive in your view?

820 has enuf signatures turned in already, but am I reading correct, rec IS going to be allowed to grow?

Who cares? It's Oklahoma!!! Noone will know the difference if those people are high or not.
    Know why Oklahoma football stadiums use artificial grass instead of real grass?
    So the cheerleaders don't graze.
    How many Oklahomans does it take to change a lightbulb?
    's soon as they get 'lectricity, we'll know.
    I'm allowed to say that because I grew up in Texas.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I could make rude remarks about that also, but who cares about you Gingerbeard

Personally … GO OKIES!!! About Time! Good For You!!!

Our first recreational bill here in AZ failed due to out of state $$ for ads that were just NOT TRUE even Colorado State contacted AZ to say the data being presented was not correct. Our second offering we knew we had the votes - we just kept our mouths shut and any public comments kept to the facts and we pulled through with flying colors. With 67% of the voting public in favor of adult recreational use and/or flat out legalization it’s just keeping calm and presenting the facts without all the public spectacle that will win the day.

I like 820: 6 plants per person 21 or over 12 per household and addresses the firearm issue which should keep most people happy.
    Last edited by BU2B; 07-19-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

BU2B we do like our guns.

Comment

Hey. I'm always up for a good ribbing. How about this one.

Here I sit
        Buns-a-flexin'
        Just gave birth
        To another Texan.

Also that one about rather being something on a log than red on the head like the dick of a dog.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Ok folks, I dont like 820 section 8, I think any licensed despo should be able to sale to anyone 21+.
          Still reading.
          Edit Section 5 A. 2 looks to me like I wont need to weigh my harvest as I will be able to keep what I grow
          As for 818 I stand against it as it tears down OMMA, I will need much more info on why
          819 section 4 gets rid of taxes on medical, I like that part.
          Last edited by Rwise; 07-20-2022, 06:58 AM.

Comment

IF we are going to be allowed to grow without a medical permit, why do I need the permit? I mean I dont go to the despo, and even without a permit I could still get supplies (just pay a bit more for it)

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Taxes are high here. I buy for others to save them 15%.

May not even be an issue when the time comes. Just got this from NORML
            Click image for larger version

Name:	E5975700-0C78-4B17-B54B-13B3C19C6E74.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	571127

Comment

Yes I did see that, we need the feds to back off, it will open up more markets. When they do and when (maybe should say if) everything here will still need to meat state standards whether shipped in or out of the state.
              These OK bills are a surprise to me as I have always heard they will never let rec grow their own, but if 820 passes it reads to me as they can growing their own.

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Might hurt the dispos, and the state tax income.

I Live in OK. I don't want to screw up what we already have with proposed new laws. OK already has the most liberal medical law on the books anywhere. Why change that? Let's make the current system the best that it can be by refining the law and administrative process in the current statute. Keep OMMA.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you, why tear down what we have built this far!

Here's what I read a few days ago, 820 is probably going to be on the ballot later this Fall according to this source:

A group seeking a statewide vote on whether to fully legalize adult use of marijuana in Oklahoma submitted boxes of signatures on Tuesday with hopes of getting the question on the November ballot.

Group seeking statewide vote on legal pot submits signatures (kxii.com)

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A group seeking a statewide vote on whether to fully legalize adult use of marijuana in Oklahoma submitted boxes of signatures on Tuesday with hopes of getting the question on the November ballot.

Oklahomans for Sensible Marijuana Laws submitted more than 164,000 signatures to the Office of the Secretary of State, far more than the roughly 95,000 they need to qualify State Question 820 for the ballot. They also beat the Aug. 1 deadline they had by nearly a month.

Campaign advisor Ryan Kiesel, an attorney and former Democratic state lawmaker, said the extra signatures and the additional time should ensure the question makes it on the November general election ballot.

“I think it’s very unlikely that there’s a credible challenge to our process that could delay this,” Kiesel said.

If approved by voters, the question would legalize the use of marijuana for any adult over the age of 21. Marijuana sales would be subjected to a 15% excise tax on top of the standard sales tax, and the revenue it generates would be used to help fund local municipalities, the court system, public schools, substance abuse treatment and the state’s general revenue fund.

The current 7% excise tax on medical marijuana sales generates about $5 million in state revenue each month, plus another roughly $6 million each month in state and local sales taxes, according to figures from the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

The proposal also outlines a judicial process for people to seek expungement or dismissal of prior marijuana-related convictions.

“We create a very simple, efficient, low-cost way for Oklahomans to be able to get those charges and convictions off their record,” Kiesel said.

Oklahoma already has one of the most robust medical marijuana programs in the country, with roughly 10% of the state’s residents having state-issued medical cards that allow them to purchase, grow and consume marijuana. Kiesel said full legalization would dovetail with the state’s existing medical marijuana program, but allow adults without a license, including those who visit from out of state, to purchase marijuana.

The Yes on 820 campaign raised about $70,000, all of it from two advocacy groups: New York-based Drug Policy Action, which advocates for sensible drug laws, and Washington, D.C.-based New Approach Advocacy Fund, which supports cannabis reform in states.

It’s also likely that a marijuana question on the ballot in November could increase voter turnout. About 892,000 voters cast ballots on the medical marijuana question in June 2018 midterm primary election. By comparison, only about 528,000 voters cast ballots in the governor’s race in last week’s midterm primary election.

A separate proposal that would legalize marijuana in Oklahoma through a constitutional amendment is still in the signature gathering phase.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                90Gizmo commented
                Editing a comment
                We do not pay any excise or sale tax on medicine in NY.

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                IL charges 1% tax on any medicine or food. The nearest dispo is 20 miles away in a different county. That city is building a $5 million swimming pool because of marijuana sales, rec pays 15% tax.

NTXauto yes but what do you think about them?
              It looks to me like 820 if put on the vote will pass, the other 2 I am not hearing anything about.

Comment

• NTXauto
                NTXauto commented
                Editing a comment
                I like 820, but I live south of the Red River. I live close enough that I could drive across the river to visit a dispensary if I wanted to. 820 will:

"Under the initiative, individuals could possess up to six mature marijuana plants and up to six seedlings. The initiative would also provide a process for individuals to seek the expungement or modification of certain previous marijuana-related convictions or sentences."

This is a huge win for Oklahoma citizens, IMO.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X