Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointment

Hello everyone. I was finally able to send my Blue Dream into the curing jars after snipping off some excess stems. Over all I'm a little disappointed with the yield. I got about 4 ounces from this grow. I understand that Blue Dream traditionally has lighter/fluffier buds than other strains but I was still expecting more. I know there was a bit of human error at the beginning but I don't think that affected the growth in any way.

I know I've mentioned these details before, the only change is the light. I grew this Blue Dream under a Flora Gear Flora S4 (400watts). My challenge is this: I don't have a tent (no space for one right now) I grow in a spare closet that has dimensions of 8.5' high x 6' wide x 18" deep. The Flora S4 fits perfectly inside closet. Most more powerful LED lights are not complimentary to those dimentiions. I'm sure if I could manage a more powerful light (any suggestions??) or realistically if I had a tent my grows would explode. But for the time being I have to accept what I get.

Oh well. Thanks for reading!

I read about that light to me it appears more than enough coverage. I never grew Blue Dream. Was it just 1 plant? Is the closet lined with reflector covering or panda material? Hard to say? I've had fluffy bud, sometimes it was lack of strong lighting maybe distance from the canopy who knows but i just kept on trying different positions in height and different strains. Was it dialed down? I have dial on my newer Viperspectra but i have it at 100% and 18-20" from top of canopy of plants during flower. Just have to experiment, keep trying.

Comment

Do you have adequate air flow? 3 or more fans for flower plus a extraction fan replenishing used air for fresh? That's 66 watts a sqft you can get away with 30 watts a sqft you're way over that. Also just genetics, they all aren't the same. How long did you let it grow to what size that also effects yield outcome. Anything less than 2 months I'd expect around that much maybe 6 oz if trained and topped properly and strain was a big yielder. I'll veg in a closet it gets hotter than tents.

Comment

the amount of yield is directly related to the size of the root ball and the light are your closet walls painted flat white,if they are I would say your closet is as good as a tent, look in the history I know somewhere their is a list of how much of a yield you should expect for your lights
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          I read about that light to me it appears more than enough coverage. I never grew Blue Dream. Was it just 1 plant? Is the closet lined with reflector covering or panda material? Hard to say? I've had fluffy bud, sometimes it was lack of strong lighting maybe distance from the canopy who knows but i just kept on trying different positions in height and different strains. Was it dialed down? I have dial on my newer Viperspectra but i have it at 100% and 18-20" from top of canopy of plants during flower. Just have to experiment, keep trying.
          As always, thanks for your reply! During the early stages of this grow I had my lighting schedule all messed up and there some other weird things going on. Honestly I almost gave up and tossed it early on!
          On my Flora S4 I do have the dimmer dial but I'll be honest, don't really understand how to use it (should be a no brainer, right? lol)

I only had reflective mylar on inside of the door but I have since put up the same thing on the back wall of closet. Other than that the walls of closet are matte white.

Comment

Sometimes its just genetics. I have twice grown Critical Poison that was really powerful but the buds were always light and sparse. Great weed but a difficult grow.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X