Best Book on Growing Autoflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Book on Growing Autoflowers

I had an issue with my current grow. 3 of my photos had to be pulled. I think that using Recharge saved some of the problem plants in this grow.

In order to have enough harvest to hold me over until my next grow is harvested I decided to start some photos which i ordered from ILGM (I Love Growing Marijuana).

Can anyone recommend a book or other helpful information about growing autoflowers? More specifically I am looking for something that would discuss the differences between growing autos and photos.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

A great start is the site that sponsors this forum, GWE.com. This, if you have not read it, has more, easily understandable information in one place than most other sites. I reread the salient sections of the site before and during each grow. I constantly glean new information on each rereading.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Needless to say but i agree with the above commentors.......GWE tutorials. And questions you want to ask on the forum I'm thrilled with my current outdoor autos i have going right now almost completed and it looks like end of July for 2 of them. I've had them indoors also, but man if you can ever grow them outdoors for free light not worry about times to switch over to bloom these can be a breeze. The strain i'm growing is looking like 90days seed to harvest Sweeeeeeet
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you Old Man Grower, Stankybud and SoOrbudgal. I have found some information on growweedeasy.com that should be helpful. I am going to download it in .pdf format so that I will have it for future reference. I apologize for the slow response time. My life has been especially busy lately.
        5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
        3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Comment

I'm down with what y'all are saying about the great, GWE virtual tome. But I have to say I also like books. Especially textbooks. Call me a silly old fashioned.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Certainly handy when you run out of TP!

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Not silly at all, i love holding a book and reading.

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Gingerbeard and SoOrbudgal. Both forums and books have their place. SoOrbudgal you are a person after my heart. I love reading great literature and how to books in hardback form. Physical books also have the advantage of being available to consult if one loses power and/or the Internet. I suspect that many of us got started with the help of Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal when we had to drive to a bookstore and purchase their books for cash if we were cautious.

Just try asking that book a question!
          Info can be updated here not so much in print.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Table of contents. Index. Glossary. Appendices.
            Try flipping between chapters online. If I had books, the internet would be my backup.

Size matters Stankybud . Part of the reason I don't have one of those new fangled tech-no-logicated cell phones is I can't read more than a couple postage stamps before getting the eye wiggles. I also have fat fingers. They're like jointed Kielbasas with fingernails. Books are not so particular about fingers.
          If I drop my book, the cover doesn't break, the battery doesn't fall out, and I don't pay $35,462 to replace it nor $5,000 a month to use it.
          No contracts with books.
          I will never ass-dial someone if I put my book in my pocket.
          Free at libraries. Pennies at thrift stores.
          No ads in books.
          No seizure causing strobe lights.
          If I want to beat someone without leaving bruises, I get a telephone book, not a cell phone. It takes a lot longer with a cell phone.
          Chicks dig dudes with books more than dudes with cell phones. Every schmuck can hide in public with their cell phone. I walk into a public place with hot babes, carrying a bag of books and find a place to sit. Look around and get a feel for the general attitude of the hotties. Figure out what they like. Felix into your bag of books and whip out something sensitive. A female author. Maybe even People magazine. They're like magnets. Drawing in the little Mona Lisas to talk to you about what you're reading. Works every time I think about it.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Peace my foot. You disagreed with me. Would you rather be Hatfield or McCoy?

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            You have chosen... wisely.

Quasimodo: French. Unshaven. Unbathed. Ugly as hell. Unappreciative of what we did for them back in the Great One. Real attitudes. Didn't invent French fries. Force feed ducks.
          Kwazi Moto: Japanese. Clean. Fresh. Harboring no ill will. Generally happy people who eat nothing but sushi and drink nothing but saki in natural hot springs.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Save it electronically or print on hemp paper. We can spare the electrons
            “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
            ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Thank you all. I found three articles on Grow Weed Easy which thanks to a feature in the Safari browser I was able to easily download in .pdf format. They were:

Why Beginners Should Grow Auto-Flowering Strains,

Can I Top an Auto-Flowering Cannabis Plant

Auto-Flowering Cannabis Strains Guide.

Comment

Why Beginners Should Grow Auto-Flowering Strains is actually a very cool book. I also read it some time ago, and the info there is very useful. I've read others, but this one is the most interesting for me. I study biology, and we learned something about cannabis, its cultivation, and its effect of it on people. And I even wrote small research on it, that's why I needed to read such books. But even after reading them, I still needed some help from PaperEll- it's a website that writes essays for you online because after I wrote one part of the paper, I got completely stuck with another one, so I decided to get help. And maybe, someone knows any other books about cannabis; I'd be thankful for the recommendations beause I'll continue studying it from the new semester.
                Last edited by Kelly67; 07-29-2022, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Growing autos is not like practicing voodoo. It’s a plant that flowers with less than 12 hours of darkness. Watch it grow and it will tell you what it can tolerate. Be open to its communication and quell your desires (hopes) I admit it can be difficult, but it can be done.
                  “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                  ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Just Say No
                    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                    Various size fabric grow bags
                    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly67 View Post
                      Why Beginners Should Grow Auto-Flowering Strains is actually a very cool book. I also read it some time ago, and the info there is very useful. I've read others, but this one is the most interesting for me. I study biology, and we learned something about cannabis, its cultivation, and its effect of it on people. And I even wrote small research on it, that's why I needed to read such books. But even after reading them, I still needed some help because after I wrote one part of the paper, I got completely stuck with another one, so I decided to get help. And maybe, someone knows any other books about cannabis; I'd be thankful for the recommendations beause I'll continue studying it from the new semester.
                      Thank you for your recommendations. I'm sure this book is worth reading. I will definitely read it as soon as I find a literature review writer to clear my academic debts and free myself a little from the study routine and absorb some interesting information.
                      Last edited by JamesOlinger; 02-23-2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X