Government background check medical marijuana card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government background check medical marijuana card

I am a State employee but I work around federal employees and we adopt some if their policies. I do not drive for the department of safety. I am a paper pusher. I signed a document allowing my company to run my background check every year or so. I think the permission is only for criminal findings and felonies. Is the government looking for my medical card? Because if they see it and they drug test me, I can be fired. Thanks.

My guess is no. Unless you told them who your doctors were and gave permission to contact your doctors, they don't know who your doctors are. If they find out who your doctors are, it is against the law to find your medical background without a subpoena. In California, the HHSA is the governing body for those regulations.
    Any employer has the right to drug test an employee. It's the employer's discretion about hiring us dope addled drug addicts.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Kbear
      Kbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

NY State now prevents on the job testing for THC. I am a prior state employee. You can't smoke or vape anywhere smoking is prohibited which is any state property or vehicle. I don't believe they have access to the medical registry but all that stuff will be on your own state's website for you to read. I would expect that it varies from state to state.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I am pretty sure they aren't interested unless you do something to get them to look, but that's a violation if they do dig up something to hang over your head.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Kbear
        Kbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

You can also catch a UA if you get injured on the job.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I would consult an employment attorney.
        “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
        ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

• Kbear
          Kbear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Comment

Waaayyyy too polite Kbear A proper GWE respnse would be, 'Y'all better be right!'
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard Maybe he's just not a scared-y

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220319_150634.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	570239

Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you like your Impala?

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, Gingerbeard ... my brother sold cars for 25 years, I did dealer trades when between jobs. I bought a program car, 6 months old, a returned rental. It has <73K miles on it now. I have replaced tires twice, had to replace the front axle last winter; last month: two new tires, installation and rotation; rear brakes, rotors and another part; replaced a tie rod; the suspension or sway bar is bad at both ends. Mechanic said it could go anytime or never, that will cost $400-500. The TPMS was defective, warranty repair, the fronts are fubar again. The tires are a known issue, same exact model is covered for cop cars but not for mine. I have a garage, I do scheduled maintenance, The mechanic (also a teacher at the community college) said it's a sturdy car, puzzled by all the issues it's having. I just say Murphy's Law, my next tattoo. Nice car, lotta pickup, chose it for the long trunk with fold-down rear seats for cargo. And it has beige interior - forever-shedding pug dogs.

Here's something crazy, in my state you can not get a gun permit if you possess a medical marijuana card or are a drug addict, and you can't drive a car neither. A person who has had their driver's license revoked can have a gun permit. I don't want to own a gun, but I don't want...., well anyway I guess the state has to connect the dots for some of this. I know a fellow who will not get the card because he owns weapons, I don't know if they come asking for the guns or as I said don't connect the dots. It would seem insane that a state would hold a dirty urine against an employee with a card, but we are talking about bureaucracy.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              in NY... I don't know about handgun permits but med card can't be checked by the feds on a rifle background check. (Although you might have to make a white lie on the form.) Which still doesn't make sense because someone might own a lifetime of guns and after the fact get the med card.

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              IL has a thing about guns and a mmj card but that was before, now it's legal over 21 just like booze. I honestly never looked into changes after it went legal because it didn't affect me, and I have no desire to own a gun.

Hey, that's quite a maze of regulations! It's wild how different aspects of life, like gun permits and driving, are affected by the possession of a medical marijuana card. The dots the state connects can sometimes be a head-scratcher. By the way, have you ever delved into the particulars of obtaining an NY Medical Card? Always interesting to see how these things play out in different places!​
            Last edited by MarlonMcbride; 12-28-2023, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              ya think?

Originally posted by MarlonMcbride View Post
            Hey, that's quite a maze of regulations! It's wild how different aspects of life, like gun permits and driving, are affected by the possession of a medical marijuana card. The dots the state connects can sometimes be a head-scratcher.​
            By the way, have you ever delved into the particulars of obtaining an NY Medical Card? Always interesting to see how these things play out in different places!

Comment

I'll keep my med card and my guns and drivers permit, all legal here in OK. The LEOs have been here, seen my large plants and my guns, not an issue (btw they would not even look at my card/permit saying thats legal). The card is easy to get as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X