First harvest ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First harvest ever

Best harvest ever! I cut the center cola three days ago and got the rest of the plant today. After seeing the result of a little drying on the center cola I decided to do some wet trimming and cut the easy fan leaves off the buds. Total wet harvest this plant is 9.7z so hopefully I'll end up with a couple of ounces from this one and each of the remaining two. That would keep me busy for a while. I left a few small flowers on the plant. I don't know what they'll do but I'm sure I'll learn something. Now two more plants to go.
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 06-23-2022, 04:06 PM.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Start a poll. I'm going with 1oz, or 10% dried properly. You have a lot of stem weight.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Today is my optimistic day. If you figure 15%, I change my estimate to 15%, or 1.5z.

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Mostly I'm thinking it's about $15 USD a gram at the dispensary so I'm smiling no matter what.

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Tie for the win! Plant 3 is dried and jarred for a total of 43 grams... 1.52 ounces. Should have results for remaining plants and total harvest withing the week.

I just noticed it looks like something is wrapped around the stalk at the base of the plant. Is that the remnants of the Jiffy plug starter?
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Zoom in your photo. It's a dead thread of something that can be brushed off or left alone. Also note those white spots. If you bring your soil level up, those white spots will turn into roots.

"...properly dried." ??? I jarred Monday's harvest and it read 67% humidity so I decided that it wasn't properly dried yet. Needs a little more time. Crunchy-squishy buds I have but too moist.
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I judge final dryness through the grind-and-smoke method. Take a bud and put it in your grinder. If it doesn't break up as readily as other bud you've had in your grinder, it is too wet. If it breaks up but doesn't stay lit in a bowl, it is too wet.
      I can't rely on humidity when I put the lid on a jar if the ambient humidity is in the 80's or 90's. The humidity packs, as I found out, don't lower humidity as much as maintain.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Got 190 wet grams today from the second and smallest plant. Pleased to see a lot of trichomes on the bottom of the tiny fan leaves. I think waiting a week improved the quality of the trim a lot. One plant to go.
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

45 grams from the third plant. TOTAL harvest from all three plants is 118 grams or a little over 4 ounces. Oops, that's a little over the current NY legal limit so I'm going to have to share some. Luckily, my sister is coming to visit and I know she'll help me out. God bless older sisters.
          Last edited by 90Gizmo; 07-03-2022, 07:02 AM.
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent, Gizmo!!! don't let those fuckers in NY stick their noses in how much cannabis you have!!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            Those fuckers are catching shit for how long it's taking. The process is shedding medical users because the online registration has been down for two months. You have to do it via mail right now and take all your paperwork not just your card to the dispensary every time. Unfortunately, you have to have a med card if you are on opiates or your doctor won't renew the pills. I'm pretending that the proposed laws are in effect but someone got busted with four pounds and other more serious charges last week. The new law and proposed regs allow five pounds of weed. I'm following to see if the weed charge is throw out or if the charges morphs into some procedural thing. They got the guy for other stuff so he's not getting off... just curious to see how the possession charges pan out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X