Leaving Plants alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Plants alone

I am a newbie to the grow world. I have to leave the infant plants alone for 2 days and I have a cat that has already eaten one. They are 4 wks old and will be transferred outdoors soon. So far only natural light through a window during the day and I cant leave them by a window for the cat reason. Is it better to keep them in the dark for 48hrs or incandescent lighting for 48hrs straight?

Whew, if I were you I'd find a way to get them outside by any means necessary. At that stage two days without light is going to be bad for them and may cause them to flower. Two days under incandescent might as well be the same but it *might* stave off the flip.

Keep in mind I was growing some plants indoors under 24 hour light and they started looking bad, so I was going to chuck them but decided to put them outside and forget them. Well being outside somehow really perked them up and got them strong, so I brought them back in. But they had already started to flower even though it was late May-early June and they shouldn't be flowering yet in my zone

Comment

If they are vegging total light would be more beneficial than total dark. When in doubt take cuttings.
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Do not use incandescent lights. They provide nothing for your plants except heat. Use fluorescent. If your windows are newer than 30 years, they will not give enough light for growing weed. Leave the light on 24 hours. If you put seedlings outside, they have a better chance of being eaten by whatever pests you might have.
        Most important, put the cat in a cage right next to the seedlings. Just out of reach. The beast will go nuts!
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes just get a curly CFL bulb fluorescent

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          And the cat thing SoOrbudgal . Reiterate the cat thing.

As much as i love my pets i can tolerate the digging in my raised beds man it's awful and they do it on purpose, they know it pisses me off. I put the hose to them uggghh
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Leave the weed in the window and put the cat outside.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X