Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Growers - excited to be part of the GWE community!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Growers - excited to be part of the GWE community!!

Hello everyone! BF and I are going to take the plunge and start to grow after years of relying on others. Super happy to find this group and wow Nebula absolutely love the articles, guides and tips. You guys truly are a knowledgeable bunch!!

We're in Northern Canada so supplies are limited at best so have to order online. We're thinking of going with this set up.... (will attempt to attach link). Would love to hear thoughts on it or any pros and cons if you've used it. We will be using auto flowering seeds, coco coir medium in fabric pots.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!
    Buy your Grow Tent in a complete System and save money. We package everything you need into 1 complete affordable kit. We have the lowest priced Grow Tent kits in Canada and our prices will not be beaten.
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

5'×5' is kinda big but that's only cuz mine is 3'×3' lol. I say outgrow canada

Comment

Welcome, can't go wrong with CoCo in smart pots! Happy growing! Peace and Positive vibes!
      Perpetual setup!

Comment

Welcome MammaBear and all her new growers. Autos are a lot of fun to grow.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Haven't checked your link but welcome here !
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Welcome! I Agree with azfox, you will probably need a small oscillating fan. The package look good. I'm also new here so my .02 cents is probably only worth a 1/2 cent.

The 3 questions I would want to ask and I don't know the answer: First how many plants are you planning on growing? -- then is the light capable of growing that many? Last one is the 4" ventilation system, is that big enough or should it be a 6 or even 8 inch?

People here should be able to give you those answers. I mean it seems like a nice package (and I'm jealous) and you think the people putting it together would know, but it might be borderline requirements for what you want to do, and then have to add on or upgrade or something and it just sounds like you what to do it right from the beginning.

I would give it a few days, see what replies get posted here, then rethink, and move on -- good luck.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Will def add an oscillating fan to the shopping list! It is big, we were thinking 9 babies and I want to make sure there's room to work/ get pots out to trim and LST. Totally open to comments though, not sure about 4" ventilation, like you said yamiacaveman I'm hoping to get some good feedback on here before we order in case we need to adjust anything
              FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
              Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

Thanks azfox, We were actually just talking about whether we would use our phone cams or our digital cam. Read a little about gps tags in the pics not sure we're too worried about that. Will try and do an avatar pic tho I read there's been some difficulties posting pics recently.

Grow tent specs I just used "link" button and put in web address glad it worked lol

Comment

Autoflowers are awesome I have tangerine dream blueberry and candy cane under led lights not all leds are made the same and light is probably the most important, do ur reserch on the lights that's how the wattage isn't always the accual draw wattage it's what the chips can handle with led if grow correctly u can get 0.5g to accual watt. Also find the par value of the light because plants uses the par value to use the light as energey NOT watts/lumens. Awoflowers love light 24/0 but don't keep ur lights to close atleast 18inchs away I gave mine a slight case of light burn, learned the hard way. Also dwc bubbleponics will grow your plants a lot faster if that's a root u wanted if not soil will make the buds taste better if useing soil makes sure to have lots of aeragation I use 1/3 perlight in 5gal pails also if you use gal pails 1 plant per pail there growth will be stunted by half I learnt that the hard way. Also make sure to have an accurent (pH scale and some nutrients VERY IMPORTANT FOR BOTH) I use fox farm but iv herd good stuff about floral I'm new to this as well and this was some things I learnt autos are really kool mines grows about an inch a day into the 2nd week of flowering witch is week 8 from seed. Also auto are sensative to nutes I started at half and as they got older I went to general feeding once I went any hight I started giveing them nut burn so I flushed the system with plain pH water and waited 3days and re added the nutes, Messure how much u give them for water and and track what works best for you as a seed/sprout to week 3 I gave them 300ml/once every 3 days then up to week 6 they got 500ml now there getting 750ml over and under watering is a very common mistake that makes ur plant droop very much. Just somethings I have noticed with my grow. be patient it takes roughly 12-14weeks from seed to harvest, the seed banks may tell you 10weeks but that's under optium conditions without any mistakes and added co2 the exhale bags are good for added co2/ photosisize each bag raises a 4x4 space 500ppm optium co2 is 1200-1500ppm normal air is 400ppm co2. Is is just want I have noticed with my grow I hope you have fun growing happy growing and be patient and don't make rash on the spot calls do your reserch and then make a call on what to do I hope my exsperince will help ur babies grow and for you to have fun

Comment

• MommaBear
                    MommaBear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for all the great advice!!! We're looking into PH testing and deciding what we'll use thinking the drops / strips. Love the nute advice I'm reading a ton and making lots of notes. Hoping once we get everything set up to run it by everyone again along with nute plan/details.

• tyler_ hobbyist
                    tyler_ hobbyist commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a very good idea momma bear I would sugest getting a digital pH Dr.meter PH002 0.1pH High Accuracy pH Meter/pH Pen Tester with ATC LCD 0-14 pH Measurement Range
                    Price: $40.00
                    Sale: $14.99 amazon.com it's what I use and ucan calibrate it with plan water or with the chemicles I use plan water because my water is pH 7 I also like useing foxfarm nutes they have worked good for me

Welcome aboard

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the community and we all hope u have fun growing

Comment

As a seedling keep the temp around 75degrees BTW or u can cook the young plant and kill it

Comment

Thanks Joker!!

Thank you Tyler_hobbyist! Was just trying to note that exact stuff for all three stages! You saved me some hunting!!

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X