Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several Bugs? Can't identify whats going on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Several Bugs? Can't identify whats going on....

I have been dealing with this new "leaf eater" on top of several other issues (gnats, cal mag def). Can someone tell me what is eating my plants and what to do? I already watered all the plants with neem oil. I haven't sprayed the leaves in a few weeks. Is that going to solve the issue? I hate how neem damages my leaves when I spray them directly. This is my first grow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joeman098; 06-03-2022, 09:58 AM. Reason: added 3 leaves from 3 different plants

Neem oil should not be used on flowers, safe enuf in veg (or in/on the soil).
    Spinosad is also safe enuf in veg but should not be used on flowers.
    ISO (rubbing alcohol) and water is safe as the alcohol completely evaporates (1 part ISO to 8 parts water, though I use 50/50)
    Spray the under side of them, the soil, the pots, the floor, and the the top side of the plant, these are contact killers (I dont use neem) so it will need to be redone every 3 days for at least 3 treatments. Then watch for more to return.
    IF they are outside, ladybugs will be your best friend.
    I cant see clearly but I suspect you have a PH issuer as well, hit the link at the top of this page "Plant Problems" and look up your leaves there..

Comment

• joeman098
      joeman098 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are inside. I used neem to kill the other issue (gnats). Thanks for this advice for spraying. I had a PH issue because I forgot the basic soil I used still had nutrients and was giving them nutes. I flushed them and then gave them a correct PH/PPM. That was maybe 10 days ago. Are you seeing something else? Just curious...

If the picture is the only indication of something eating your plants, don't sweat. It's old damage.
    Look how the damage is done in about the same location on each fan finger. There's a pattern to it. Bugs don't eat patterns.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• joeman098
      joeman098 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is also on other plants on various new and old leaves... and ideas?

I'd have to see the damage. What you are showing happened before the fan opened. Without natural light, I imagine the edges of the holes are pretty clean?
    Fan fold a piece of paper. While closed, cut or draw a single line that touches all pieces of paper. Even the edges. Open the fan and you will see the same holes you see on your plant. Bug damage leaves no pattern save whitefly spirals. If you get in real close to leaves under damaged ones, and the damage is new, you will see little black poop spots.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

3 different plants with these things happening... but the cal mag has been fixed after having to flush due to nute burn before.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        First and last, sounds like you got the CalMag under control. Middle fan is old.

Never flush due to nutrient burn, you give too much then take everything away only flush for a soil ph reset if it's that bad or toxicities. If even then giving adequate amounts of runoff will have the same effect but wont strip the plant of needed nutrients it needs when trying to recover. ALWAYS check medium conditions before doing anything like that. Checking mediium ph and ppms will let you know what you need to adjust.

To do a run off reading water slow stop let seep, water slow stop let seep do that until water starts barely dripping not running from bottom of pot. Catch that drip, only get enough to get a reading with just covers pen probe. Check both ph and ppm. You dont want to water fast or get a full cup because you dont want the new water you poured in mixing well with current soil conditions that will throw reading off and will delay proper treatment. Good luck bud

For future reference If you think you have bugs I'll always use neem oil foliar spray drenching leaves front and back, if bugs are in soil give soil or root drench with neem oil itll kill eggs and larva. Could also use dr. Bonner's organic peppermint soap as a foilar spray drenching leaves front and back very well. Bonner's cant be used as a soil or root drench.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-03-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X