Flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flower?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220520_142613~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	565328So is that a flower yet or something else? TIA (29 days)
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

That is the very early beginnings of a flower.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Yep what that fella said, early flower stage
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks y'all. It's strange. After all these years I've never seen a live plant until now.
        Last edited by 90Gizmo; 05-21-2022, 08:17 PM.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I'm continuing the thread to act as sort of a grow journal. Today day 31 I've started my interpretation of LST. I removed first and second true leaves as they were mostly sucked dry. I folded the big fan leaves under whatever I could find then I made hooks out of, I call it stainless steel locking wire, and pinned down the bottom half branches. I left the top half alone and will look at that next week.
          Last edited by 90Gizmo; 05-22-2022, 01:35 PM.
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Switched from grow closet to grow tent. It's going to take time to get used to. Tent is a little warmer. That could be a plus or a minus depending on the weather. Folding doors on closet much easier to get into or out of. I'll have to get some shelves for the grow tent. Tent footprint is nice but still need trays or saucer. Cats cannot climb the closet doors but no problem with the grow tent. Now cats aren't allowed in the room without supervision.

Pictures attached with brief notes. My circulation fan is not due for a couple of days. I'm making due with two fans, one inside one outside, next to a vent near the bottom of the tent. The driving force for the change is to divert smell directly outside. That seems to be working but I'm thinking there might be problems when we get strong winds.
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

It smells like really green weed with a little something that smells good. Looks that way too. Unfortunately I have to open the tent door to smell it. I kind of liked it when it filled the room but it was very powerful. The in-line fan was installed today and it's doing a great job. The exhaust to outside also will help with cooling in the summer.
              Last edited by 90Gizmo; 05-27-2022, 08:02 PM.
              Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Originally posted by 90Gizmo View Post
                Switched from grow closet to grow tent. It's going to take time to get used to. Tent is a little warmer. That could be a plus or a minus depending on the weather. Folding doors on closet much easier to get into or out of. I'll have to get some shelves for the grow tent. Tent footprint is nice but still need trays or saucer. Cats cannot climb the closet doors but no problem with the grow tent. Now cats aren't allowed in the room without supervision.

Pictures attached with brief notes. My circulation fan is not due for a couple of days. I'm making due with two fans, one inside one outside, next to a vent near the bottom of the tent. The driving force for the change is to divert smell directly outside. That seems to be working but I'm thinking there might be problems when we get strong winds.
                wow nice work

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_154779.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	566127Click image for larger version

Name:	image_154780.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	566128 If you dont mind the smell you dont need the filter. I dont run filters on any of my tents and vent the air into same room. It gets 120° here during summer months my 4x4 uses the most wattage at 540 but tent stays under 80 in hottest months

I also enjoy walking in my house and smelling bud growing. When its good in flower you can smell it from my front porch

Comment

• GroBuddy
                    GroBuddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Be careful if you plan on using outside to make seeds. I use a indoor tent in another room besides flower. I'll also not go to pollen room then flower room. Cannabis pollen can travel up to 10 miles. So you running outdoor for seeds could potentially pollinate another home growers plants putting hundreds up to a thousand or more seeds in their plants pretty much ruining their grow. Then they wouldnt know what crossed their plant and have mut unknown seeds by the boat load. Personal preference

• 90Gizmo
                    90Gizmo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I forgot about pollen spreading. I've read some stories about that and I'm not that guy. It'll have to come up with a plan b

• GroBuddy
                    GroBuddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just keep it clean. If I go to pollen room before flower which is rare I'll even shower beforehand. My grow rooms are the furthest they can be from each other. Luckily I have a spare bedroom upstairs and use it for germinating, vegging, drying and seeding. My flower is in a spare downstairs.

I don't want to count my chickens too soon but I'm begining to feel hopeful.
                  Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Start of week 7. Largest plant is 20 inches. Smallest is 14 inches. I have amended soil with Gaia Green Power Bloom (2-8-4), water with fish emulsion and spray with epsom salt
                    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 06-03-2022, 09:20 AM.
                    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• GroBuddy
                      GroBuddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nah I wouldnt take it to that extreme yet, they should be good just noticed you spraying buds. Just something to be careful of.

• 90Gizmo
                      90Gizmo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. I'm very grateful that you noticed.

• GroBuddy
                      GroBuddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes sir, your plants look awesome, plus health concerns.

It appears to me that you have all of the air intakes are closed on your tent. How do you get fresh air inside?
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                      90Gizmo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for checking out my pictures. There are three rectangular vents with screens that can't be seen anymore. Two 6x8" and one 6x14". The round pass thru ports are all tied closed because cats.

Middle of week 7. I'm starting to see ?flower petals? emerging inside the pistils.
                    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Good stuff and bad stuff is starting to happen. Trichomes are starting to fill up. I think I have a combo of bound roots and that initial NPK added at the start of grow is depleted. It's supposed to last a month; now it's been 45 days. Water drains too quickly and output pH is 6.8 same as input. I'm watering every two days now. I added some more Gaia Green Power Bloom and thinking a nitrogen boost next watering too. I suppose repotting is off the table at this point. Have fingers crossed the the top parts stay healthy.
                      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• GroBuddy
                        GroBuddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Only look at calyx/bud trichomes sugar leaf trichomes amber sooner and are misleading. Looks like phosphorus or potassium deficiency not nitrogen, nitrogen is used mainly for growth, since plants stop growing upwards during flower nitrogen isn't used as much. Your plants are already dark enough meaning enough nitrogen. I'd also remove a bunch of that lower growth next grow if it doesn't receive direct light it wont be any good.

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lesson we learn as we grow an make mistakes. Yep too late to transplant and i would remove the largests of fan leaf allow for more airflow under them.

Something like this, everything below that line
                      Attached Files

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                        90Gizmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        GroBuddy Thanks! The trichome pictures are just because I've never seen a living marijuana plant before and everything is something new to me. I noticed the sugar leaves had a little shine a few days ago but I am barely seeing the growth inside the pistols. No trichomes to picture there yet.

No pruning until next grow? I guess my new micro Fiskars are going to have to wait for bud trimming to get their teeth wet. I have a list of things to do better next grow. From what I've seen of this grow I have a very narrow window for shaping one of these plants somewhere during the third week. On the other hand, I snapped two fan leaves while bending them under three days ago and haven't noticed a reaction yet.

Okay. The Power Bloom 2-8-4 is supposed to be good for a month. But I'm still concerned with the run off.

• GroBuddy
                        GroBuddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can take anything at anytime. Just more ideal to have them prepared. So everything's even getting equal amounts of light. In turn maturing closer together for a more equal harvest.

Understandable about everything being knew and exciting

If the power bloom is dry it'll read high since it's a multitude of slow release nutrients

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X