No announcement yet.

Let there be trees for 2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was attacked by a Richard bug! This girl was the third to flower first to finish, showing amber already. With heavy rain moving in, I took the more developed buds off, no need to risk bud rot. And just maybe whats left will get nice and fat.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I pulled a sample from the drying bud, now I will have a hard time staying out of it. Very nice high, and smooth too. Makes me wish even more she had not acted as an auto. I may just have to grow another next year to see if the short and early will show up again. Maybe she picked up a recessive gene.

The Black Willie has still not given me a sign as to male or female, time to grow up!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that feeling, dang blueberry kush won't growup either.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything else has matured, why not these? I'll keep checking daily for male or female parts, IF these are female that will make 100% female while planting mostly regular seed.

Last (DGDxBB3) but not to be ignored, she is the second to come of age, but will she be the second to ripen?

Comment

As I feared, this wet warm weather has inspired a touch of WPM. Clip clip! More wet coming,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ugh sorry to hear it's found your plants.

Can you tell I have been removing leaves?
      Plant in pic 3 has been dug up and moved to a dark room. Plants 1 & 5 are in a race to the finish line, while 2 & 4 are just plugging along.
      I cant believe this, 100% females with regular seed (cept 1 fem seed), last year was the year of the male here. I was prepared to chop some down, but I'll take all females!
      Grasshoppers are horrible this year, if only I still had chickens, but the critters around me say no you can have them. 2 of the Black Willies got topped by hoppers (now headless).
      I hope we dont get an early freeze, but fear we will. I have read 3 different future casts, 1 said normal, 1 said cold to the point of -40*F for the northeast with lots of rain/snow by thanksgiving, while the other said warm and dry. WTF!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i sure can tell you've been removing leaf. I'm lollypopping myself ( well not me but the plants !) an removing yellowing large fans. Not as far along as you Rwise. Yes i've been reading farmers almanac an weather predictions. Hopefully there off abit for your sake.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I am taking leaf off every day now. The first pic has been 10 weeks and still looks to be 4 weeks off, maybe more. The weather folks are saying "freeze for Halloween", fingers crossed that the BW and the GG4/BB3 cross finishes before the freeze. I am getting nervous.

Pics from the riper girls, what maybe 4 0r 5 weeks to go LOL, the first 4 are the HCPxGTH (near 12 weeks now), the rest are BB3xDGD.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking real nice! Good work!

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanx, now if we can just get through the fall rains,

Another one of my pets eating a stink bug.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Keeping my fingers crossed for ya Rwise get it down before the rains.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I was thinking the same thing with this plant, though I may take just the big buds and let the little stuff grow up.

Big buds falling off today!

Comment

What are the bananas for?

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          They increase the K in NPK, as does wood ash, I get overripe's cheap.

Its the most wonderful time of the year

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          That it is! Nice.

With plenty of time yet before frost, well look to the pics. Can you say "sticky fingers"?
        Just why is it that my youngest plants finished first, they are 20 days younger than the bigger girls. All I can say is odd year, and with no males I can live with it. I like to harvest to be spaced out anyway.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          This girl took 8 weeks and 1 day flowering to this point.

Another pic of my green spider, I also have 3 fiddlebacks, LOL keep yo hands off my girls!

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          How much longer can this one go? Shes been flowering now for 120 days.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hiya Rwise your guess is alot better than mine judging that gal, long flowering mix by the looks of her. I found my first of i'm guess many more teenie baby catipillars real tiny. Thought it was a curling stigma hair but i got really nose close to it an sure as shit it's the start of them. I know i've got 5wks to go on mine maybe sooner on 1. Had those cute little white moths flying around all summer sorta kept a eye on them, i'm careful spraying only in the evening it's so dry and hot at my place.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal long flowering it is, I would like to take it before the next rains move in, but. I see all that hot dry around your out there, hope the storm moving up the coast will help out.

It's time for the HCPxGTH to come down, but I want to hang it upside down. Problem is the girl is 5'2" tall and 5' wide, she aint going to fit through a 30" door very well. I may end up chopping it into sections.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL that's where taking it through the garage door works. But i break mine down now hang in sections. I still can't post pics cause it says size is too big so i'm stuck. I've not been able to figure what i need to shrink?? Tried going to the pic site i don't know what to do i've even cleared cache an photos so i'm stuck. Anyhoo, low an behold the rain came over night and i need to move the plants under the canopy but it's dark out now and too late there wet. I sure hope i can save these from alot of mold now. I did'nt know or hear it was gonna rain caught me off guard

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I was hoping the tropical storm was going to give you some cool, but it turned its tail and ran away. Just put a fan on them, you know. I'll be cutting it down sometime today. I think I can cut off the 6 lowest limbs and hang the rest whole.

First is what once was a plant, she made 32 quarts! Second is a BB3xGG4, and her bud shots 3 4 and 5 including some damage. 6 Some maters I put in after this one was harvested, why not? 7 8 9 and 10 Black Willie.

Comment

• KLAX
          KLAX commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice freakin' plants, but boy howdy would I hate to have to move those "buckets" multiple times a day! HA!

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Aint no damn movin these, they dont have bottoms.

continuing from pic 11 above, the first 2 shots show bud root in the trunk, the branch broke and I tied it up. 3, what can I say, f~n hermie, the tall BW I thought would be a male has not let me down, not exactly a male but, it still makes seeds. I cut both branches off that did this, and it happened fast I did not notice anything last night when I watered and pulled the heads from grasshoppers.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes right now here is perfect for WPM, mold and bugs. I have 3wks to go on my last plant and i'm begging mother nature to be kind for another month.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear that, I am concerned we could get a frost before these girls are ready. North and east of me may be getting their first freeze in a couple of days. I will also have pics of one that I lost a branch and broke it off, the plant "looks" better, but whats inside? RO is very low here and no rain for over a month, WPM is not an issue this year. Kinda reminds me of 5th grade history class and the return of the dust bowl.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X