High humidity last days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! High humidity last days

Hey guys, last two to three days were very humid, it reached 80%RH outside. I noticed yesterday when the lights came on. I turned up the light intensity and added a mini dehumifier to my wardrobe. Even so, i couldnt get down from 55%RH at cannopy level, at floor level the humidity is around 65% (thats were i have the air intakes).

I feel some strange smell, definitely related to the humidity. And curiously the plant produced tons of trichomes (at least they seem to be trichomes)

Can you spot any mold on the plant? Or its just trichomes? What should i do, or what should i watch out for?

Sorry about the pics quality.

Attached Files

Idk if this is your situation, but I once had a similar experience. Rule out microbial overgrowth and what ever else you can, if everything is clean then it just may be the plants. If you can temporarily move the plants, do so and see if the smell that you felt moves, then you know it is the plants or not.

OK, I'm 2 months into my first hydro grow. Plants appear to be doing well. Coco/perlite 70/30, 3 gallon cloth containers, DTW, hand watered for now, 5x5 tent, spider farmer sf 4000, 18/6 light cycle, temps in mid 70's, humidity running about 55% GH trio nutes with calmag. Everything good except for the smell. It reminds me of

Ironically it turned out to be a good thing.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Alik92
      Alik92 commented
      Editing a comment
      well the smell seems to come out of this plant, Girl scout cookies 4 weeks into flower.
      i increased my fans speed aswell.

I checked the weather for this week, and seems that tomorrow it starts to get better, weednesday will probably be back on track with 40% RH... just hope these bad days dont get to the plant, and if it does, i still learn how it looks!

You have nothing to worry about. 55-65% isn’t ideal but won’t cause problems as long as there’s plenty of air flow inside the tent. I live in the southeast US, May to October my tent stays mid 50’s humidity and I’ve never had bud rot

Your buds are getting frosty, that’s what you want

Comment

• Alik92
      Alik92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, my RH kept a little higher than those values these days.. Yes, i have 3 pc fans 12v inside my wardrobe and a exhaust fan, running 24/7..

What worried me, was the smell, a smell like wet grass almost mold smell..

About the frostiness, yes it ressembles trichomes. But when i search about pmw or bud rot in the internet, in many pictures i do not diferenciate the trichomes from the mold.. I did try to check the main buds stem, it seems normal. I will wait the weather to normalize and hope the smell goes away.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you grown weed before? It gets stanky in flower. Lookup pics of bud rot, nothing like what you have going on

• Alik92
      Alik92 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, i did my tries, this is nothing similar to what i have smelled before.
      Today the humidity droped to 55% (F** finally), my tent is still on 'night mode' but i already sneak-peeked and it seemed to be better smelling (lol)
      I am wainting on the lights to turn on (within an hour and a half) to have a better look at stuff.

Hello people,
    I came to give an update, I think it's the least I can do.
    So I panicked, two days ago I cut off one of the top buds (the one that smelled the worst).. And I kind of saw something suspicious, some calyx were a half pink half brown color.

Anyway, the temperature/humidity has stabilized again. I've been monitoring the plant daily, I haven't watered it in the last 7 days and it's quite dry. Today I'm going to water only with tap water, I'm just waiting for the light to turn on.

The strange smell is not so intense anymore, I can smell weed again. But even so, it's still there.

If it is a case of bud rot, and some might still be present on the plant, how long would it take to show visible evidence?

As soon as the lights come on, I'll show you pictures of the plant. She seems okay...

Edit:
    Corrected time line ahah
    Last edited by Alik92; 05-19-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Here are some pics
      Did water first, the plants were very dropy, counting on it to bounce back..

Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X