Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying A New Light Please Help! 4x4 Tent, Roughly 500$ Spending Limit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Buying A New Light Please Help! 4x4 Tent, Roughly 500$ Spending Limit!

Hello Fellow Ents! New to the forum, really hoping to learn something new! I am currently in the market for a new LED growlight. I have a pretty firm budget of 500$. I am trying to Light a 4x4 Tent and typically trains my plants for a while to fill from wall to wall. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Mars Hydro Lights as they are supposedly performing very well for being a budget light but am wondering if anyone has a better suggestions? Im open to most ideas. So i was gonna get the Mars Hydro TS3000 https://www.mars-hydro.com/ts-3000-led-grow-light/ for $419.00 but then was wondering there is a bit of edge lighting shortage with this light and was wondering would i be better of going with 2 Mars Hydro TSW2000 https://www.mars-hydro.com/tsw-2000-led-grow-light/ for $259.00 each? and then began to wonder since that might be the better option, its actually Cheaper to go with the slightly higher Tier light the Mars Hydro FC-E4800 https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e4800-...ed-grow-light/ for $469.00 or is the Slightly more expensive Mars Hydro FC - 4800 https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-4800-s...ed-grow-light/ for $550.00 worth the extra money for the Samsung/Osram Chips ? So now im ok with spending closer to $500 than my original $400 i was wondering if anyone had any advice on what choice i should make. I have watched many vids on par and such its just a hard subject for me to grasp. Sorry for the long read! I look forward to your responses as Reddit has refused to answer this questions on all the subreddits i use.

SF 4000.

Use code JUSTINTIME2 for 5% discount.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Spider Farmer SF4000 is a great light with dimmer that is within your price budget. Thats the light Im using for my 4x4.

Comment

I went with the Mars Hydro TSW2000s to light a 4x8 foot area, they do a good job of it. In comparison grows done here between MH and SF the SF did slightly better.

Comment

I like HLG. I grow with an Elite 360 and a Scorpion Rspec. I also have two HLG 65w lamps that I started with but are now on the shelf (not sure what to do with them). The Rspec is a bit more than your budget but its a powerful lamp and the Elite 360 has produced quality bud for me. HLG has good customer service and are happy to answer questions about their products. Also check out a company called grow-it-led.com. Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I use the FC-480 I enjoy the results. Has a dimmer switch. And covers the area well. Since I don’t have the others I am unable to comment. Understand wanting to buy the perfect light but it doesn’t exist. If there was one solution I imagine that is what most people would use. Buy a light, drop a bean and start growing.
            “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
            ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I just ordered a Mars Hydro TSL2000 for my 2x4 tent. Two of them would fit in a 4x4.

Comment

Folks. People. Y'all ain't gettin' your gettin' put on glasses put on. There is a spate of posts by the same person. Obtuse questions. Never a response. Same syntax.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X