Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity above 60 in flowering

Hello,
    So yeah, I've been battling humidity for some time now and can't help it. It's 5 weeks old autoflower in 20l fabric pot, grow tent size is 60x60x80cm. The tent is located on second floor, above my bedroom, the staircase is open so no doors to isolate tent room. First I tried running a/c, didn't get much out of it, tried leaving tent door open when lights are on, it helps a little. Recently I bought a dehumidifier and it did help... a little. I thought the room is too much since it's open and moisture from below rises up too, so I got another today, but It's still holding 57-58. It's been really rainy those few days and will be for a week or so, what should I do? Opening window helps sometimes, but I can't leave it open unattended since if it starts raining it's gonna get worse.

You might try going old school. When I bought my first home there was a water heater closet that was always humid and had a serious mildew smell. I put an open bag of charcoal briquets in there and it worked like a charm.

Comment

If your room is unfinished, the moisture could be in the wood, keep the dehumidifier running to pull it out.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Can you raise the temperature of either the tent or the room the tent is in? If you raise the temps a bit the RH will go down.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Originally posted by golfnrl View Post
          Can you raise the temperature of either the tent or the room the tent is in? If you raise the temps a bit the RH will go down.
          I can, with A/C if it'll do.

Comment

Damprid may help some to. But read before you get it if you do.

Moisture Absorber - Desiccant Dehumidifier | DampRid
            1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
            1 sf2000 @200 watts
            2 philzon @230 watts
            2x4x5 tent
            3x6x8 closet
            Fox Farm ocean forest
            Black gold for seedling
            3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
            RH 40-60
            Temp 70-80
            Feeding with FF trio with molasses
            calmag and a little flower fuel
            Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

I'm adding humidity to get to the 70% range when the lights are on and mid 80fs right now for my flower girls. It's lights off I have a problem with high humidity.

Comment

• LemonBud
                LemonBud commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you get a small breeze on them it can drop humidity.

• 3Berries
                3Berries commented
                Editing a comment
                The humidity is about 3-4% lower going in than coming out. Going though the change in seasons here but none the less. I do have a small fan running and the flower tent always has the exhaust fan running at least on the slowest speed. Lucky to get the inside humidity below 65% with the summer/humidity levels here.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X