Two plants as one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Two plants as one?

Kind of a weird question…I have six seedlings that are doing great, but I’m only legally allowed to grow four plants. Has anyone grown two plants side by side so they can camouflage as one plant? Or is the competition between the two just not even worth it? Any ideas? If not, I’ll just give them to a friend

I've had 2 plants in the same container a few times when a volunteer showed up unexpectedly. The only time it was an issue was when one was a male. Don't expect much more as far as product because the 2 plants will basically branch together and like you said, appear to be a single plant and produce about the same amount of bud as a single plant. Here in California we are allowed 6 mature plants and I will often give away extras I started to friends and family.

Comment

Hi, I think I saw someone growing 2 plants in a longer narrow container like a bigger form of a window box but not sure how close they were to each other, hopefully they will chime in. I can legally grow 5 plants but I can have some started, different stages, so that I'm not starting from seed after harvest. I'd probably go rogue and keep them all if I had room. Good luck.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I do it all the time, no issues other than when one or more is male, but I use rather large pots.

Comment

• amy24
          amy24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the pic! I love the garlic circle, that is genius! I always plant around the border of my garden but that circle is next level!

Well I think technically it won't be difficult to tell that you've got two stalks coming out of the ground where you should have one. That said, fuck it. Grow em all out.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

As they get bigger it is harder to tell, but ya, on the other hand who's looking? In my state they are watching the big grows and not so much the little folks. Dont make your neighbors made.
          Look up how plants communicate with each other through a fungus in the ground and their root systems.

Comment

• amy24
            amy24 commented
            Editing a comment
            My neighbour is CRAZY and has been trying to get us in trouble the last two years but the cops have finally told them there is nothing they can do so I doubt they will respond again. The cops were always so nice to us. Our neighbour even calls in bylaw things like not cutting your dandelions 🤦‍♀️

I was thinking of getting the myke in there for the root systems so happy to hear you suggest that thanks for the tips!

It’s working! They seem happy, need more water than the other single plants but I just stretched them/crossed them basically horizontally from each other. I planted them with a bunch of myke and they seem happy!
          Attached Files

Comment

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon all the face of the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food.” This familiar verse of scripture is the foundation of what I refer to as the Genesis 1, 29
            “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
            ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X