Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR First time grower need help with diagnose

Hello,
    I'm using coco in 20l fabric pot, 150w lights, 60x60x170cm tent. Initially I was watering every 2 days mixing nutes in 1l water, then this started happening. Is it nute burn, underwatering? It's for sure can't be overwatering can it? Anyways, i'm thinking to do way more than 1l, until water runs off bottom on the plate, and I'm gonna stop using nutes each time. What do you think?
    Attached Files

It looks like a calcium deficiency? Are you checking the pH, temperature and EC of your nutrient solution before feeding?

The EC and quantity of the outflow from the bottom of the pot are important. Should be <300 EC higher than inflow and should be 10-20% of quantity of inflow, no more, no less. When things are dialed in properly, I find 10% is good. I overwatered my first grow by giving too much quantity.

Check out this page:
    ​​​​​​​https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

Comment

what type of coco mix are you using?
      I am no professional, but i tryed coco coir once and i had to water 3 times a day until i get 10/20%runoff, nutes every time!
      If you dont, salts will build on your coco, and ph/ec values will sky rocket. People usually use automatic watering in coco coir.. I didnt, it got way too much of hard working!

just plain water doesnt work on coco. By itself its an inert hydroponic medium, doesnt add no nutes to your plant. You have to give them all by yourself.
      Doesnt mean you cant mix coco coir in a super soil or something like that and have a soil like medium.

There are some nice guides on coco coir in this forum.. please feel free to read them

Hope i am not saying something very wrong, please correct me if i do!

Comment

I don't see CalMag in your lineup. I'm on my third coco and have found CM to be important. You can get away with plain 5.8-6.0 pH'd water, once, between nutes if you're in a pinch. As far as runoff goes, I don't know my percentage. I just know that when I start getting runoff, stop watering. No or little runoff means not enough liquid.
        Looks like you might need to consider a transplant.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Cal mag supplement will help, certainly. Is there perlite in the coco? I recommend a visit to the mothership, to review your setup. There are obviously things you've missed: https://www.growweedeasy.com/the-bas...tby=date-desc#
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X