Bud rot! Need Confirmation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Bud rot! Need Confirmation!

I suspected something was wrong with the plants. I had yellow and brown leaves all over. There was also imbalance in pH. When today I took a close look. I found suspect able bud rot. I am attaching pics. It is currently in two plants which are in late flowering stage where they have fatten up but budding look hasnt totally came yet. I have two other plants which are about to be ready to be harvest. They have mostly cloudy trichomes. All hairs are brown and some new whites are coming up as well. They have no sign of bud rot.

I plan to cut down the affected plants but is it ok if i keep them in same tent until they are in middle of the harvest window?
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Pix are not that clear but it does look like BR. Cut off the suspect buds immediately. Do a check every 6-12 hours for more and cut it right away if any shows up. The first sign is usually sugar leaves looking off, sickly, yellow, brown. By that time the center of the bud is already infected. If you don't cut it, it will spread to everything. Last time I dealt with it I cut the affected buds, and when more showed up I did the chop. Inspect everything before hanging it to dry, do spot checks by breaking open buds and inspecting the center of the bud where it starts. It will contaminate other buds even after the chop when drying and ruin the entire crop if you let it. It was difficult to toss the affected buds, but you got to do it.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Agreed, fold the affected flower to expose the brown section.
      If it's mushy-definitely BR
      At that point, the only option would be to remove the infected sections and try to determine what environmental conditions are out of whack.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

So my assumption that two other plants are not affected is wrong. It is in the entire grow. I am about the chop off the plants. It is very sad, all that hardwork and time and these arent even properly matured. I wish I had more time. Now I am confused as to how to harvest it. Should I remove the brown part from the bud or should I just discard the entire bud itself? I read that the mold is toxic so I want to be careful but also not waste the less of what I am getting. !
        2.5 x 2.5 tent
        Viparspectra PAR600
        4" Fan & Filter
        Coco-Perlite
        GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
        1x Cream Cookies
        1x Pineapple Express
        1x Northern Lights
        1x White Widow

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          I see signs of re-veg and heat stress. Cut the rot, be brutal. Sometimes it becomes a strategy of salvage what you can. What is the temp and RH and air circulation? Get those under control to prevent in the future.

Cut them (1 at a time) off below the bad and open for inspection, if its BR you know what you have to do.
        Now lets talk about preventative measures, whats the RH, the temp and are there fans for air movement? (blowing on the plant)
        I have used "Trifecta Crop Control" for BR, I will say I dont like spraying anything on buds, but when its between harvest and no harvest I tried it, it worked and did not leave any after taste. Read up on it before you buy it, it is all natural and pricey. (NOTE all natural does not mean safe)

Comment

Rwise Attaching pics. Temps are off the charts because of where i live. Between 32-38 Celsius also this is ambient temp, inside tent would be hotter. Humidity is 10-20%. I got two fans; one facing into the light and one facing towards grow medium.

I inspected one plant. It appears to be total loss and i think other plants are also beyond saving. I am only concerned that after the harvest will the mold keep eating it away or will it stop after drying. Even if I remove all the brown parts of which I am also confused as to whether take off the entire bud or should just cut the areas with browning?; I cant stop its pores from going over. I dont have a clinical setup.
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

More pics in. Does this one look like banana?
            2.5 x 2.5 tent
            Viparspectra PAR600
            4" Fan & Filter
            Coco-Perlite
            GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
            1x Cream Cookies
            1x Pineapple Express
            1x Northern Lights
            1x White Widow

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it does look that way

Mold has a hard time growing bellow 55% RH, yes your temps are to hot can you leave the door open?
            If you give the plant a shake, do tinny buds fall off? This would be bud worms
            What does one look like inside, is it slimy?
            Does it smell like mold?

Comment

What is that in the first pix magnified? From here it looks like white stringy material with balls on the end, like fungus growing on it. If it is, I would toss it.

Comment

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a calyx which i took off a brown part. All over the plants these calyx are the first one to be browned unlike sugar leaves. That indeed is fungus. I’m not sure at what extent it goes.

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                ya, I meant what is that fungus looking stuff. Sorry man, I would trash it, clean up, and start over.

I used to keep the windows of tent open. The room has door and windows open all day.

No the buds looks strong in that matter. It is not falling off but the lower buds are becoming slimy almost without mass and this effect is longing further upwards. I have bud's one side lime green and without mass or trichomes and the other side with lush green and full of trichomes. My worry is that if I chop it off will it still eat away the good stuff like it is doing now.

I cut forth one plant which had too many of these buds. Now only 20% of plant is left which has some trichomes. It is very depressing!
              2.5 x 2.5 tent
              Viparspectra PAR600
              4" Fan & Filter
              Coco-Perlite
              GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
              1x Cream Cookies
              1x Pineapple Express
              1x Northern Lights
              1x White Widow

Comment

It hurts to loose a crop, BTDT. If you dont get rid of the BR it will spread through the stems and infect the whole plant, move fast. The slimy without mass buds have to go.

Comment

If the buds are slimy with out mass, run. Time to cut your losses. unfortunate

Comment

If i cut away the slimy parts, will the leftovers survive?
                    2.5 x 2.5 tent
                    Viparspectra PAR600
                    4" Fan & Filter
                    Coco-Perlite
                    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                    1x Cream Cookies
                    1x Pineapple Express
                    1x Northern Lights
                    1x White Widow

Comment

It will not if you dont, yes it could take shock and crock, remove the worst first then give it another look over in a day.
                      But where did the moisture come from? Without moisture mold cannot grow. I am looking for the next grow here, the problem must be found and dealt with, or it will plague you. WE all hate BR!

Comment

I am also confused with the same. I never had mold problem in last three grows. My atmosphere is hot and dry except monsoon and I’ve grown in mid monsoon without mold issue although i had face heat stress and mites.

in this case i think it was infested with pests eg fungus gnats and planthoppers. I even saw one planthopper as well. From what i read up, these pest may have caused wound which let this bud rot. Could this be because i left windows opened of tent and didnt let negative pressure create?

i am thinking of washing up the tent with 90-10 ipa. Luckily I’ve hands on 99% alcohol.

should i was the harvest with water, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide?
                        2.5 x 2.5 tent
                        Viparspectra PAR600
                        4" Fan & Filter
                        Coco-Perlite
                        GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                        1x Cream Cookies
                        1x Pineapple Express
                        1x Northern Lights
                        1x White Widow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X