Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Ice Hash - 1st time - Wet or Dry trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Dry Ice Hash - 1st time - Wet or Dry trim?

Hello Everyone,

I'm harvesting today and I want to know what to do with my wet-trim in order to make Dry-Ice-Hash (DIH). Nebula and Sirius have a video on the subject and they use "grounded" cannabis.
    So am I drying my wet trim?, Can you chop the wet trim (like you would vegetables) and use it with dry ice? Or do you just use the wet trim you prune? Does it need to be cured before I DIH? Just trying to get from harvest to the weed in the bucket...

Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    Cheers,
    SwitchH2O
    8” powered outtake with 6” Carbon Filter (NVP)
    RDWC 4x 5gal with 1x 5gal reservoir (17.5g)
    Rockwool starter (Supersoak) with clay pellet medium
    G. H. Flora 10-Part Professional Series
    Last grow - White Tahoe Cookies - Currently out being tested for THC/CBD and terpene profile.

CURRENTLY GROWING
    Sowing Godfather OG, Green Crack and Gelato
    All feminized

UPCOMING…
    Mainlining/Manifold for next grow…

Glad you asked. I’ve been wondering myself. I’ll be following. Thanks dude
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

About the only thing you can do with wet weed is make live resin. Dry it and do your sift. I've done dry ice once and wasn't a fan. The dry ice freezes everything, including the plant matter. It freezes to a point that it will break up as readily as the trichomes and dilute your hash.
      There was a recent post about dry ice having a lot of residual badness as dry ice is not normally food grade. Might change your mind.
      Personally, dry trim and dry sift with an agitator in your bag. A couple quarters will help knock the trichomes off, leaving plant matter.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Dry it first, no need to chop it up any further the DI will do that for you. Have fun doing it!
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          If One does not dry the trim first, the water will freeze along with the trichomes and make the hash damp and prone to mold. The similar things applies to the bud as well in my experience.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X