• Show
Clear All

Change in Plans

Click image for larger version

Name:	v trichs.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	561535
    I guess I need to rethink my strain package for this season. I was planning on making Vanilla Frosting
    the centerpiece of this year's grow with a couple of FreakShows to balance things out. But after last night I
    find myself reevaluating things. Some of you may recall that over the winter I had a volunteer pop up
    in my potato pot and despite some harsh treatment it survived to harvest. Well, last night my grandson
    and his girlfriend popped in for a visit and we shared a dried but uncured joint of this smallish survivor.
    I'm personally a serious lightweight when it comes to smoking herb so I like having others with a bit more
    tolerance evaluate what I've grown. When before we had even finished a single joint, my grandson looks at
    me and says "Grandpa, what did you put in this? I'm so high I can't even think straight.." This coming from
    someone who is a daily smoker and concentrate user. The seed this volunteer came from was a
    OG Kush that had been pollinated by a rogue Raspberry Parfait male that had flown under my radar for a bit.
    From one 5 foot tall plant I got only 50-60 seeds during trim. Looks like I have a new centerpiece strain. This
    volunteer was a bulletproof plant that endured thrips, cold temps, no nutrients other than a top dressing, along
    with a general lack of attention on my part. Honestly, There was virtually nothing about this plant that stood out.
    It wasn't particularly frosty, aromatic, nor did it sport huge buds, but damn, it packed a vicious punch. Genetics
    can be a cruel mistress but I'm gonna run a few of these seeds now and see If I can't replicate results. I'll post
    some updates as they develop. Wish me luck -

Awesome!!!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X