LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDs

Thinking of switching from mh hps to LEDs. Can you help me with things like ppfd , par. The grids with the numbers

by Nebula Haze Are you struggling to choose the best grow light for your cannabis plants? You’re not alone! It’s common to feel overwhelmed after cruising Amazon or an online grow shop looking at different grow lights. The number of options can be insane. Are LED grow lights the way to go? If so, should...

Want to grow cannabis faster and better? Discover the best LED grow lights for cannabis in 2023, based on detailed reviews and comparisons by actual growers. Then learn how to use these LED grow lights to get big yields, fast growth, and high levels of THC.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Any site that sells em will have that info.

Comment

This is my favorite site regarding LEDs.

Independent grow light testing & reviews. Science based articles & tools to help evaluate & compare grow lights for cannabis. Test reports & Discount Codes.

BTW, I saw a huge improvement in yield when I replaced my Burple with a Mars Hydro SP3000.

Comment

Originally posted by Dianeluoma View Post
          Thinking of switching from mh hps to LEDs. Can you help me with things like ppfd , par. The grids with the numbers
          Easiest way I've found is to determine the area you need to illuminate for your canopy.
          Ppf, ppfd, and par use metric dimensions, so a 4x4 is approx. 1.5 sq meters.
          Par is photosynthetic active radiation-it's the spectrum of light the plant 'eats'.
          Ppf is a measure of the 'amount' of PAR photons the fixture can generate each second.
          Ppfd is a measurement of the amount of par light 'falling' over a square meter per second- units are micro-moles(umoles)/ sq meter.
          Those PPFD charts show how uniformly the fixture can distribute the PPF it generates.

Most cannabis will thrive when light levels are 750-1000 umoles ppfd.
          Efficiency of the light source(efficacy) is the biggest difference in calculating how many watts of power you'll need to generate them, so if you have access to efficacy data you can calculate how many watts you will need for your space.
          Most top-tier diodes used today offer between 2.0-2.5 umoles/watt.
          A typical mh lamp generates about 1.1 umoles/watt.
          Last edited by gbauto; 04-04-2022, 10:12 AM.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

LED's are very specific. They do work, though. Depending on the brand and so forth. Some distributors are lying their a** off so, be careful. But the best part of LED's are their low heat, quiet emission, and cost efficient. If chosen correctly, their power is unmatched (respectfully). Just do research on the brand, wattage, etc etc. Pros and cons to everything, so don't think they're 1 and done compared to everything else. But, they do good work. 🤘
            Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
            FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X