Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it happen? Will the feds pass decrimanalization of weed in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it happen? Will the feds pass decrimanalization of weed in the USA?

In the local news this wet morning, a vote this week to decriminalize our favorite plant on a federal level. It would be good for the country to do so, but will they do it?
    All the feds have to do is get out of the way, let the states handle it, of course I see a federal tax coming on purchased product. It could be a cash cow for the gov. I'll continue to grow my own.

I thought it would happen 30 years ago, I was wrong. This is way overdue. So long as they keep the hell away from what people do at home. I have confidence they will get this wrong again also.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

We can hope they get it right, but I won’t hold my breath.
      4x4
      Bubbly rdwc
      ES300s
      Cold water
      GH flora
      Mistakes

Comment

They will be forced to very soon. Too many states legalized and the banks are finally starting to do business with the seed banks.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

In my state, we now have firing squads; I'd suggest using them for any bureaucrat who blocks decriminalization...
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            I see South Carolina also joined the firing squad fray of states. This should help the current administration reach it's
            climate initiative goals. Unless those electric chairs are powered by renewable sources, otherwise I'd say a few rounds of ammo are much more climate friendly and in line with the green new deal being pushed by some.
            AOC would salivate if followed by a green burial in a coffin made of reed----after the lead rounds have been removed of course
            Last edited by GreenState; 04-02-2022, 05:48 AM.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            GreenState Yes indeed!!! Composting criminals is good!!!! The guillotine would be even more climate friendly.

• gbauto
            gbauto commented
            Editing a comment
            Why don't we go full-on organics...
            Draw-and-quarter sounds appropriate.

I'll be tuning in the propaganda reports this morn to see how the vote went, and yes there will be federal taxes on it.

Comment

It passed! 220 to 204. But I want you to look at who voted against it and consider that the next time you vote. I am curious how much the tax is going to be, I new we had to get taxes from somewhere to pay for all the covid shit. And how many are going to get out of prison for a MJ charge now that its federally decriminalized. (news just said tens of thousands) Really I thought Death Valley would be a lake before it passed.
            Now how will this affect states that are not yet on board?
            And how long before we have interstate trade?

Comment

It passed the house, it still needs to pass the do nothing senate.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                What would Manchin do? His daughter is involved with big pharma. Guess the Senate vote depends on who's running for reelection this coming term. I was amazed that 193 House Republicans voted against monetary caps on insulin.
                Last edited by Puglover1; 04-03-2022, 04:20 AM.

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would they PL? Big pharma has them in their pocket, and making much $$$.

Won't pass the senate...its dead in the water. I wouldn't be surprised if the thing doesn't even get a vote. If the R's take the chamber in November my guess would be it'll be a while before it comes back. But then OK passed medical marijuana a couple a years ago and the last time I checked OK is red, like all 77 counties. So who knows for sure?
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                OK passed it because enuf people want it so the Rs cannot keep control of us.

"During the debate on Friday, House Republicans raised concerns that the bill would expose more children to cannabis and that it ignored mental health issues in adult users." (Fri. NYTimes)

Yeah, it really bothers the Republicans that cannabis users have such good mental health.... And thank heavens they aren't concerned about exposing children to alcoholism and cigarette smoke!!!
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I watched some of that in the propaganda show (news), really sad they dont have real knowledge of this plant or it's true benefits. And with it being legal, it is more controlled than simply being illegal, there are now rules, such as keep it out of reach of children. I am sure not everyone keeps it out of site of children and some may even smoke around them, but it does not happen here.
                We know what we want, so do they, if they dont comply, fire them with your next vote!
                Or is it that the Rs make more money from illegal sales so they dont want the taxes or rules around it?

Comment

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lot of Rs have investment in private prisons.

Waiting on the feds to decriminalize something that will grow naturally with little to no help. This is why I rarely leave my house

As far as I'm concerned they can leave it up to the black market and we'd all be better off for it. No regulation, no intervention, no meddling, no taxation. Because asking the government for permission for something any free man should be able to enjoy is a fuckin travesty

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trust me when I say there is nothing good about organized crime rings.

• User420111
                  User420111 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The US government is the largest organized crime ring in history, and unlike the mob in the 1950's there is nobody chasing the US g-men down for prosecution. "When those who make the laws are not subject to the laws, there IS NO LAW, only survival"

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you look into the forming of this country, not whats in the history book, you'll find this country was founded on stolen gold. Would that not also mean they were criminals? Columbus did not discover the Americas, he was about 2000 years late for that.

Pelosi was one the news the other night promoting this bill. Seasoned politicians typically don’t promote legislation without knowing beforehand whether it will pass. No guarantee but a sign.
                “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I hope it's legalized federally for all you Americans. You deserve it. Here in Canada they had all the same scary reasons not to legalize but everything is for the most part ok. The sky did not fall and young people did not run amok in cars while high. I'll cross my fingers for you all.

Comment

• Puglover1
                    Puglover1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    gbauto I have to see an anesthesia doc for my pain patch, a pain doc to renew my mmj card, and a psyche doc to get my muscle relaxers. Whatever it takes. I Was on 250 mcg fentanyl patches every 3 days, because they never lasted 3 days. Now with mmj and changing patches every two days 37.5 mcg works pretty good. And heroin/etc overdose deaths have doubled or more while we get spanked.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have heard they are looking into letting those with chronic pain have the pain killers they need, its about time they opened their tiny little eyes and looked at the facts. The fact is its not these people that are the problem.

• gbauto
                    gbauto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have an appointment with another pain doc in 10 days...we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
                  "During the debate on Friday, House Republicans raised concerns that the bill would expose more children to cannabis and that it ignored mental health issues in adult users." (Fri. NYTimes)

Yeah, it really bothers the Republicans that cannabis users have such good mental health.... And thank heavens they aren't concerned about exposing children to alcoholism and cigarette smoke!!!
                  I'm an adult user and it helps my mental health. It makes me happy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X