Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it safe to flush with hydrogen peroxide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it safe to flush with hydrogen peroxide?

Hi guys.

I have a hydroponic system setup with plants in there which are a little over two weeks. Unfortunately I suspect there is possible root rot.

Apparently the best thing to do is to flush with hydrogen peroxide but I'm a bit worried my plants are a bit too young to take the stress the hydrogen peroxide brings?

Am I right in assuming this? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hey EazyGrower512 No idea about hydro. I'm subbing because I'm curious.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

What are them white bits mate

Comment

I know it's no help, but I'd invest in a bag of soil and some pots. Sorry, but I'm a dirt farmer.

Comment

You might add "hydro" to your question/headline to attract hydro growers, I too grow in soil.

Comment

any time, full strength 34% straight out of the jug, flood it
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Based on the photo you posted, it looks like the bottom of the rock wool cube was sitting in the reservoir water which is not recommended and resulted in your issues. I will say that based on the size of your grow operation (saw photo in other post) I am surprised that you didn’t do more research before beginning.

Comment

Looking at earlier photos retiredguy right but also looking at your set up you have problems them black plastis strips are they there to block lights to roots doesnt look like there doing the job if i was you i would sort everything out before you plant anything else or your going to keep getting problems put more pics up mate and info hope this helps

Comment

Hi Eazy, I have used H2O2 to fight root rot, but never found that it provided a permanent solution. The only way I have eliminated rr was by installing chillers to keep the water temp down below 70 F. I also use Great White bennies each week.

The thing with H2O2 is that its power dissipates within around 24 hours, so you'd have to keep adding it just about once a day. I would never put full strength into reservoir with plant roots; you'd burn the shit out of them. I use it to sterilize my systems after harvest, and for cleaning.

Use Hydrogen peroxide for root rot? A small amount added to a cup of water, creates a healthier 'water' than tap water. [DETAILS]
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• growell
                    growell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok alltatup when you use great white does it leave like a brown residue in your water butt cheers

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    growell Yes, GW leaves residue, and either that or my nutrients stain my roots, but it's easy to tell the difference between that and root rot. Cheers!

I’m getting over some root rot right now, after bringing my temps down, I sprayed most of the brown off the roots, cleaned every surface with h202 and used a double dosage of hydroguard in my water for a week. Seems to be working so far.
                  4x4
                  Bubbly rdwc
                  ES300s
                  Cold water
                  GH flora
                  Mistakes

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with nosenuffin yet. We can see that the leaves have suffered, and if they don't start growing green pretty soon, the plant may be lost. BUT, all that being said, IF you can clean up the roots, which still look pretty strong and white to me, AND IF the leaves start to grow green and strong, she may come back. If she cannot produce strong, clean leaves, then I do agree.
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks alltatup mate thats put my mind at ease a bit keep getting some slug on my pipes etc what system you growing in i in a iws system

Comment

growell I have to change the tubes running from my chillers into my grow boxes with every new grow because of all the sludge. I have two BCNL grow boxes. I use Future Harvest nutrients and Great White and like I wrote above, it always gets gunky! But the roots keep growing and the leaves stay dark green. And the buds get phat.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	big buds2.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	561576

Comment

• Sino
                          Sino commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Changing chiller tubes is smart, gonna jot that down lol.

• alltatup
                          alltatup commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sino I have tried soaking them in H2O2, scrubbing the inside with a long brush, but they always stink and I never get all the gunk out. So I buy 100 ft. of black tubing, cut it into 4-ft. pieces, and replace them. I hate to throw away so much plastic, but I would need some kind of snake brush to get all the gunk out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X