HELP! Entire crop is getting sick :(.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Entire crop is getting sick :(.

Hi guys. I'm new to this community and this is my first post.

I am running a hydroponic setup with 600Watt HID bulbs. The crop is now two weeks old. Everything started well for the first 6 or 7 days. The lower leaves then started turning into the colours you can see in the attached images.

The water is balanced at 5.8. Nutrient count is 510 TDS (500 scale). Temperature is at 26 degrees Celsius. Electricity is not an issue so the lights are on 24 hours now. Humidity is at 80% which gives a VPD of 0.7, which is apparently ideal for this stage in the plants life.

I suspect a phosphorus deficiency, based purely on the pictures I looked up online. Any feedback and recommendations from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you 👍
    Attached Files

I have zero experience with hydro but the symptoms look root related to me.

Comment

If it is a phosphorus deficiency it would help to increase your pH a bit. You are at the low end of the hydro range of 5.5 to 6.5 and phosphorus isn’t as available at low pH. Also, are you sure your light isn’t too close?

Comment

EazyGrower512 A 600 watt is a little much for seedlings, and I have always felt a bit of dark helps get their wheels under them. I use cfl's 20/4 to get em rolling then ease em under a big one

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Much appreciated. It's still looking rough out there with the plants.

I've attached a photo of the entire room to show why I'm running a few (5) 600 watt lights. It's a very big room and the ceiling is 3 Meters high. I have switched off one of the 600 watts now.

The water has also been changed in the reservoirs. Would you guys recommend adding a bit of hydrogen peroxide in case it is root related? The crop is 2 weeks old and I'm a bit worried they too small for the shock?

Your thoughts would be a great help!
          Attached Files

Comment

Dang. Big set up. Hope you get the hang of it. Soil seems forgiving
            4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

That is a huge setup. I hope you have a cooler to maintain reservoir water at 70f max and are using Hydroguard or something similar. If not you risk having continuing root issues.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X