Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! MALE or FEMALE young plant identification - Please help asap

Hello there fellow growers!
    I decided to make seeds for next summer and sprouted 4 of LEB27 V2 - seeds, but the problem is that they are not feminised seeds..
    I readed from GWE website about take clones and put them straight to 12/12 light cycle to see what they grow, balls or flowers etc..
    But am having still trouble identifying them, So please take a look on pictures of them and help me?

Plant 1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1_1.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	790.7 KB
ID:	560617

Name:	1_2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	560618

Name:	1_3.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	560619

Plant 2:

Name:	2_1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	560620

Name:	2_2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	560621

Plant 3:

Name:	3_1.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	560622

Name:	3_2.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	560623

Plant 4:

Name:	4_1.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	653.1 KB
ID:	560624

Name:	4_2.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	505.3 KB
ID:	560625

There ya go!.. I must say; Plant 1 grow like crazy, it looks almost dead when cloned, but damn... I want to make seeds from this one because its just crazy compared to others... But if plant can't handle different/hard circumstances is it any good then?..

Okay next, Plant 2 and 3 looks like males? yes or not? I don't want them.. My plan is to use colloidal silver to female plants, to get fem only seeds? right? (any thoughts?)

Next Plant 4. It looks like female to me? So this is my winner?.. I might hold on genetics on Plant 1 for while, But will start make seeds using Plant 4...

What you think? Please Help me.. I have issues atm with room because of these plants, so I need to get rid off males now... Btw this my second time making seeds (different strain), and first one was kind of accident so, I wish to do it right this time

PS. LEB27 V2 strain is from HybridsFromHell and meant to be grown outdoors (regular seeds), But I want to make them fem only seeds, is there problems I am not aware of?

Any feedback is welcome!
    All yours, HC420

They look like seriously underdeveloped plants. How old are they?
    Look at the bottom of my post. Throw us some of that info plus pH.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      They look like seriously underdeveloped plants. How old are they?
      Look at the bottom of my post. Throw us some of that info plus pH.
      They are almost 3 weeks old, I gave them only water.. I used this guide: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...eminized-seeds

> 5. Take a clone and force it to start flowering – if you take a clone from a vegetative plant, you can force that clone to start flowering and reveal its gender. You’ll know the sex of the “parent” plant by the sex expressed by the clone. This is what I do to determine the sex. I cut off a piece of the plant, stick it in a glass of water (don’t forget to label it with the strain), and give it a 12/12 light schedule until the little piece starts forming either pollen sacs or buds.

The easiest way to identify sex with unknown seedlings? Cut off a small branch of the plant, stick it in a cup of water with a label, and keep it in a sunny window on a 12/12 light schedule until buds or pollen sacs start forming. As long as the plant is getting bright light in the day and long dark nights, it will reveal its sex in just a few weeks (you don’t even need to wait for roots to form).

I am only trying to identify sex, nothing else.. Should I add nutrients or what?

Yours,
      HC420

Comment

Okay. Something is Wonka. Can you show the whole plant? Are you saying those are three week old cuttings that have been in water, under 12/12?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          How old were the mother plants?

I'm asking these questions because I am having a hard time determining sex. My questions are about stresses that may have happened.
        It looks like it might have hermied in it's short life.
        If you are in water, do not add nutes. Have you changed the water? I've had good luck using a drop or two of H2O2 in a Solo size cup.
        The leaves that are dying will continue to die.
        Are you sure your dark 12 space is 100% light tight? Are you using window light?
        Someone else is going to lay it down. The sex, I mean.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

2 and 3 have balls, girls dont have balls.
          Or
          2 is a male
          3 is a hermie or a young male.

Comment

I think I see the balls you're looking at Rwise . I would call those undeveloped seed pods. Get them all the time. Are we looking at the same balls?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              If the OP will put up pics in a week I think you'll see open flowers on #2, #3 in another 2 weeks. Time will tell for sure!

The plant in the 5th pic def looks male.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep thats plant 2
              Welcome to GWE

Plant 2 &3 are male. Plant 1 will be if left in the same space. Looks hermie already

Comment

Hello everyone!

Okay, so I decided to sprout better clones to see sex.. I had new ones rooting all the time, and I think they are ready now.
              Gingerbeard Sorry, I will not take new pictures from whole plant, because its just stick on water cup, nothing to see, trust me.
              I can post new pictures when am done replanting new clones, so maybe check tomorrow if you are still interested.

johnb1963 Hello, Yes I think 2 and 3 are male, but will still try with new clones, so its way much easier to identify for sure.

Any thoughts about making fem-only seeds from regular ones? I mean especially to use these new seeds for outdoor grow.. Do they lose their feature for "early flower" (kind of autoflower when outdoors? etc)
              These were meant to be grown outdoors, but mother plants are still looking good under HPS.. Do I misunderstand my plan, or is this all fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore420 View Post
                Hello everyone!

Okay, so I decided to sprout better clones to see sex.. I had new ones rooting all the time, and I think they are ready now.
                Gingerbeard Sorry, I will not take new pictures from whole plant, because its just stick on water cup, nothing to see, trust me.
                I can post new pictures when am done replanting new clones, so maybe check tomorrow if you are still interested.

johnb1963 Hello, Yes I think 2 and 3 are male, but will still try with new clones, so its way much easier to identify for sure.

Any thoughts about making fem-only seeds from regular ones? I mean especially to use these new seeds for outdoor grow.. Do they lose their feature for "early flower" (kind of autoflower when outdoors? etc)
                These were meant to be grown outdoors, but mother plants are still looking good under HPS.. Do I misunderstand my plan, or is this all fine?
                I mean is it okay to use colloidal silver to make female "early flower" seeds.. I don't know do you get what I mean, and is there better name for that.. OR should I just use those male plants to fertilize females to be sure they are good seeds? (but regular).. Pls this is big question for me

Comment

So what were the clones before hermie.
                  1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
                  1 sf2000 @200 watts
                  2 philzon @230 watts
                  2x4x5 tent
                  3x6x8 closet
                  Fox Farm ocean forest
                  Black gold for seedling
                  3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
                  RH 40-60
                  Temp 70-80
                  Feeding with FF trio with molasses
                  calmag and a little flower fuel
                  Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

And are they all from the same mother?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X