Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping in, without even experimenting with solventless hydraulic/heat presses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping in, without even experimenting with solventless hydraulic/heat presses!

If I don't like it I'll create a rant...on yet another thread, blaming all of you. It's the least I can do, being one of the biggest @skholes on the GWE Forum
    Anyhoo, now that my Nugsmasher OG is on order, I guess I should choose a dab rig...
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Dabbing is for losers. Marijuana flower is perfect, as it is. God's creations should not be corked with! Like hybrids! Hybrids are Satan's... something.
    Dabbing. PPpfffttt. As if.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      Dabbing is for losers. Marijuana flower is perfect, as it is. God's creations should not be corked with! Like hybrids! Hybrids are Satan's... something.
      Dabbing. PPpfffttt. As if.
      As mentioned by at least one other: "Stay away from my LOVE hole, you perv..."
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

My buddy has a puffco peak I think it’s called, makes going to his house very enjoyable.
        4x4
        Bubbly rdwc
        ES300s
        Cold water
        GH flora
        Mistakes

Comment

My first attempt at solventless rosin was using my flat iron for straightening hair lol...believe it or not it worked! I just did it for fun and to impress Some friends. I know, I know, it's not the right way to do it, but hey...it was a cool party trick 😁

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            To be completely honest, this is a central piece of my "Nail Station" home decor. While I'm excited to actually dab, it's also a lot of cool factor I'm aiming for - The niftiest, hippest, grooviest bachelor pad in the western hemisphere!!! Placement is key, as a 45 pound hydraulic press is pretty obvious in an open floorplan. I'll place it on my counter, behind some file cabinets, so folks won't notice it from the front door. I'm hoping it shows up in the next few days...

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Put a piece of wood on top and call it a coffee table.

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            Gingerbeard I may have to, at least while it's not in use. My home is rather small. I have until Tuesday to acquire a suitable accouterment for consumption.

For you BR2K . Headbangers only!
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

BR2K My walls measure 13'x40'. Directly in front of my door is my 3'x3'x6' tent. Flap usually open.
            See, most folks open a door when someone comes, but few will open the door all the way. That would give up false security for person opening the door. A barrier between inside and outside. Even if the person at the door comes inside, the door stay in your hand.
            If some nefarious person comes inside, my tent is zipped up and nothing more than extra storage.
            When Mrs. Garrett found one of the girls had a bong, they called it a pencil holder.
            Open it up and put a bunch of in-shell walnuts and pecans and such. Tell people it's an industrial nut cracker. Organize them. Don't be a slob.
            In conclusion, I'd like to say it's all about who you want to see, and who you don't want to see what you are and/or are not doing.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• Going2fast
              Going2fast commented
              Editing a comment
              I see what you did there.👍

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
            BR2K My walls measure 13'x40'. Directly in front of my door is my 3'x3'x6' tent. Flap usually open.
            See, most folks open a door when someone comes, but few will open the door all the way. That would give up false security for person opening the door. A barrier between inside and outside. Even if the person at the door comes inside, the door stay in your hand.
            If some nefarious person comes inside, my tent is zipped up and nothing more than extra storage.
            When Mrs. Garrett found one of the girls had a bong, they called it a pencil holder.
            Open it up and put a bunch of in-shell walnuts and pecans and such. Tell people it's an industrial nut cracker. Organize them. Don't be a slob.
            In conclusion, I'd like to say it's all about who you want to see, and who you don't want to see what you are and/or are not doing.
            You are absolutely 100% correct. My concern is mostly just because I don't like to advertise, especially around children. I've had neighbors pop in and they likely noticed the bright light emanating from my open tent in one of my bedrooms. That and the aroma are pretty indicative of what I got going on. My home is my castle, as is everybody's. I don't sell or even share my harvests. Heck you guys and my physician are the only ones who I share my passion with. My neighbors DO see what they want to see and believe. I will just give a shout out to owning your own property and home - It's GREAT to be king!!!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              AAarrrgghh! Having to hide our pride is wrong.

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, this too, shall pass. I am planning on one huge extended family shindig here, in some years. By the time I have it all arranged, I imagine home growing/dab bars will just be coming into fashion. It would appear the the CEO of Nugsmasher is making bank but looking to the future, if you watch his YouTube videos. He's got a HUGE facility with lots of room for expansion...

Well, she finally got here!!! I was so excited, I chopped a cola just to try it out...first note NEVER press FRESH flower - it leaks the moisture from the plant, duh! I dried the rest of the cola out in my oven (180 degrees F. for 90 minutes) and it was still too wet. I did manage to get some material to dab in my PAX 3. It was fairly good, even being so fresh. What amazed me was the lack of residue. This thing will be a fixture in my home for probably the rest of my life, so I have time to get things figured out...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              A food dehydrator works well for quick dry, but then it can taste grassy. don't know what that would do in a press, but at least you have something to use in your machine. You don't have any cured bud to use?

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              Gingerbeard - Why am I hearing a Ukrainian accent, in your tone? Just 'cause your kin be gettin' all bombed and stuff, don't take it out on me!!! I DO listen to your advice...it's just sometimes I get stoopid an' furgit.

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Turn down the CNN. I have no accent. One of the blessed.

Sitting there in the kitchen it looks like a coffee maker only better.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Coffee press.

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
            Sitting there in the kitchen it looks like a coffee maker only better.
            Actually, I am wondering if I can press garlic or other things, to extract oils too...

Comment

Originally posted by BR2K View Post

Actually, I am wondering if I can press garlic or other things, to extract oils too...
              Don't see why not

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Because garlic oil gets all over the place and stinks worse, the longer it remains. As much as I like garlic, I don't like Garlic Breath.

Here's an update of my Nugmasher OG experience. My unit loses pressure so I emailed for guidance...maybe they don't check that. In the meantime, I spotted a video the company posted on YouTube. It directly addressed my issue, so great...except it still loses pressure after I repeatedly tried their solution. It said to contact them for further guidance...so this time, I used their web portal and still received no answer. Finally I called them and got ahold of some very enthusiastic representatives. Nichole asked me to send a video, which I did. They've responded with the next step, adding general purpose hydraulic fluid. I'll try that and we'll see how that works. Sometimes, things happen. They have a lifetime warranty so I'm good.

The unit itself is SSSOOO much fun. Thank goodness I have my own supply to work with. I chose the OG (original model) because I'm too stupid to chase numbers, the more complicated the more likely to malfunction and I was able to afford the "Master Bundle", which has lots of very handy accessories. I have six "pucks" in EC.

I believe I am on my way to dabbing nirvana...after I learn what I'm doing!

Comment

The hydraulic cylinder on yours is covered but most I have seen just use a common bottle jack. If it is leaking pressure, most likely a bad seal in the cylinder or release valve. If it was low on fluid check for leaks. A low fluid condition should not cause a slow leak in pressure, it would present as sucking air into the cylinder and a loss of "push" when increasing pressure. It looks like a lot of fun. Press on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
                  The hydraulic cylinder on yours is covered but most I have seen just use a common bottle jack. If it is leaking pressure, most likely a bad seal in the cylinder or release valve. If it was low on fluid check for leaks. A low fluid condition should not cause a slow leak in pressure, it would present as sucking air into the cylinder and a loss of "push" when increasing pressure. It looks like a lot of fun. Press on.
                  Thanks. I said the same thing to the support representative. The good news is it doesn't prevent me from operating it. I'm probably wasting a lot of fresh harvest but the investment of my education is priceless.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X