air pump dwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air pump dwc

What size of air pump Commercial grade do people use? Is there 2much air though the pump that isn't used by the plants? 40lpm, 60lpm??? Or smaller in a 15gal tote 6x3inch pots

For a 15 gal bin, you probably could use an aquarium air pump and be fine. I've read you want at least 1 GPH for every gallon of water in your reservoir, but I don't know how true that is.

All of my pumps, even my small aquarium pumps have produced enough aeration for years of successful grows.

Comment

tyler_hobbyist, You know when You are trying to put too much air into Your reservoir when it blows out all of the water! LOL . No, seriously now, I use an Elemental 127 GPH dual outlet pump (about $10 and a one year warrantee) with two 4 inch air stones in a six gallon reservoir (actual sixe 10 gallon tote). Keeping the water temperature below 70 deg F. and well aerated, are very important to having a healthy environment for your roots
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

How can u keep the water cooler than the room temp?

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use ice bottles. This time of year It takes one or two bottles a day, in warmer weather, I change them out about every two to two and a half hours during the 'lights on' time.

• Hellbent60
          Hellbent60 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought a used 5 gal water cooler, tore it apart and used the cooling coil in my res. Bought a temp monitor that turns on the cooler at set temp. Paid $30 for used cooler.

Some people say use a commercial pump 951gph air pump and some people say 127gph air pump for the same size totes. That's why I'm currious on what to use is there any bennifts with a bigger pump?

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Using a larger capacity pump would require more air stones because You do not want to cause a back pressure on the pump. The air stones will only allow a certain volume of air, at a given pressure, to go thru without creating a back pressure. This will make the pump louder when running and shorten the life of the pump.

I originally used a 126gph pump and two 6" stones in my 30 gal rex. Worked well by I decided that using individual stones in each bucket with a 796gph pump has made a noticeable improvement. Oh, I run a 8 bucket RDWC system w/a30 gal rex.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thank you guys. Gbauto how many air stones do you run on your 796gph pump

Comment

Will this work????? IS THIS ENOUGH AERATION???????
            102Liter toe times (two)
            1,110 GPH air pump (50watts)
            8inch air stones tomes (Two)
            3/8" single line off pump to a Tee fitting then 1 air stone in each tote off the fittings
            Attached Files

Comment

Or should I just stick to my 5gallon buckets with the same setup

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X