Weed must be a pleasure not an evil... here is my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed must be a pleasure not an evil... here is my story

Hello friends. I want to share my life experiences with weed…Also, i did a mini test with a cheap, simple cigarette tar filter and I wanted to share the results with you guys. I was having health issues... So, I begin the story...

First look at the photos….

Do you see how tar are you getting to your lungs? Do you still think weed is innocent as i thought ? Here in my country, everybody smokes weed with tobacco. The mix is %30~40 weed, %60~70 tobacco. No one uses any filter. Directly smoke. So you take tar as much as photo 2+3 show you... Do you really see the amount?...

And I smoked like this too, for years… So, My story begins...;

I am 37 years old. I started to smoke within normal cigarettes around 20 years old. So, I am a smoker for around 17 years. I only quit for 2 years( no any kind of smoking). My friendship with weed is 10 years old in this 17 years. In these 10 years, I was not a daily or heavy weed smoker, i was smoking weed rarely...I never bought it. I started to buy it in these other 5 years. But, in these other 5 years, I was smoking normal cigarettes 3 or 4 pieces a day and i was not a daily weed smoker. But last 2 years I am a heavy weed smoker. Almost every night, 2 or 3 joints mix I explained above...

My health issues started around 33… First, my lungs were a bit aching. I didn't have a cough or any shortness of breath… I did not care at that time and i kept smoking as expressed above. But last 1-year cough and shortness of breathe started… I was spiting bad color sputum on every morning and i have shortness of breathing more like hunger for air… Also, since last August a tiny whistle sound started to come from my lungs… Until 1 of March, i was still a daily smoker.. Bcoz...

I loved weed. She was like my best girlfriend. I was having a very good time with her. She was really really part of my life. Almost everything became meaningful with weed. I smoke when i am happy, sad, and with almost every mood. I had work, family, and life problems and i thought this relaxed me, took off my stress... But nowadays i realize how i fucked my health ( especially lungs) and how daily smoking is making things worse... Look at photos, that disgusting and sticky tar or chemicals you take it in...

I went to several doctors and they did several tests. There is nothing serious but yeah breathe tests are a bit low than has to be...

Friends...me, and my all close friends consider cigarettes as evil but weed is an angel. We knew there is no about weed causing lung cancer or other sicknesses... But i think we were all wrong, very... since 1 of March, i quit smoking. Even in these 10 days, i recovered a bit. At least feel more healthy and feel more air in my body... I still spit sputum very much but not with bad color. I know lungs are cleaning themselves.

Life has given you once friends and weed must be a pleasure, not a habit. If you smoke every day like me, you will have problems and weed is gonna be evil. My mental health fucked up... I realize this nowadays. Luckily, i still have time to recover before nothing is too late...

I hope i did not bother you and i didn't use reckless language in my story. I just wanted to share my experience and warn you as much as i can..Thx for reading and guys please take care of yourselves well...
    Attached Files

I started smoking cigs when I was 15, before I quit the same day I turned 40, I smoked 2 packs a day.
    Haven't smoked a cig since. I'm 68 now and feeling healthy.
    I think like this; you can use tobacco, weed, alcohol or whatever it may be, and you can misuse.
    But so it is with everything you use, whatever you put into your body, whether it is food, tobacco, weed, spirits, and so on.
    And we are all different, have different tolerances, different needs, so it's important to pay attention to what you put into your body.
    And, it's really healthy to to take a break from food, smoke, alcohol, etc. take a 2-3-4 day fast, only drink water, do a serious detox.
    Take care my friend. ❤️

Comment

I am a heavy smoker of pot, no tobacco ever, I have smoked every day since 1969, I see no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bassc View Post
        Hello friends. I want to share my life experiences with weed…Also, i did a mini test with a cheap, simple cigarette tar filter and I wanted to share the results with you guys. I was having health issues... So, I begin the story...

First look at the photos….

Do you see how tar are you getting to your lungs? Do you still think weed is innocent as i thought ? Here in my country, everybody smokes weed with tobacco. The mix is %30~40 weed, %60~70 tobacco. No one uses any filter. Directly smoke. So you take tar as much as photo 2+3 show you... Do you really see the amount?...

And I smoked like this too, for years… So, My story begins...;

I am 37 years old. I started to smoke within normal cigarettes around 20 years old. So, I am a smoker for around 17 years. I only quit for 2 years( no any kind of smoking). My friendship with weed is 10 years old in this 17 years. In these 10 years, I was not a daily or heavy weed smoker, i was smoking weed rarely...I never bought it. I started to buy it in these other 5 years. But, in these other 5 years, I was smoking normal cigarettes 3 or 4 pieces a day and i was not a daily weed smoker. But last 2 years I am a heavy weed smoker. Almost every night, 2 or 3 joints mix I explained above...

My health issues started around 33… First, my lungs were a bit aching. I didn't have a cough or any shortness of breath… I did not care at that time and i kept smoking as expressed above. But last 1-year cough and shortness of breathe started… I was spiting bad color sputum on every morning and i have shortness of breathing more like hunger for air… Also, since last August a tiny whistle sound started to come from my lungs… Until 1 of March, i was still a daily smoker.. Bcoz...

I loved weed. She was like my best girlfriend. I was having a very good time with her. She was really really part of my life. Almost everything became meaningful with weed. I smoke when i am happy, sad, and with almost every mood. I had work, family, and life problems and i thought this relaxed me, took off my stress... But nowadays i realize how i fucked my health ( especially lungs) and how daily smoking is making things worse... Look at photos, that disgusting and sticky tar or chemicals you take it in...

I went to several doctors and they did several tests. There is nothing serious but yeah breathe tests are a bit low than has to be...

Friends...me, and my all close friends consider cigarettes as evil but weed is an angel. We knew there is no about weed causing lung cancer or other sicknesses... But i think we were all wrong, very... since 1 of March, i quit smoking. Even in these 10 days, i recovered a bit. At least feel more healthy and feel more air in my body... I still spit sputum very much but not with bad color. I know lungs are cleaning themselves.

Life has given you once friends and weed must be a pleasure, not a habit. If you smoke every day like me, you will have problems and weed is gonna be evil. My mental health fucked up... I realize this nowadays. Luckily, i still have time to recover before nothing is too late...

I hope i did not bother you and i didn't use reckless language in my story. I just wanted to share my experience and warn you as much as i can..Thx for reading and guys please take care of yourselves well...
        Sounds like you have the start of copd like me and it gets worse especialy the shortness of breath tell your doc thats what you think you have probably give you inhalers hope this helps mate

Comment

Thanks bassc. I’ve never liked cig smoke. In fact my nose and stomach have a visceral reaction to it. Weed is a different story. I’ve enjoyed weed for many years. Now looking at turning 70 soon, and having several serious health issues, l had Omicron in Jan. I managed to fight it off with my own God given antibodies, no Dr. no drugs, but no smoking either. This has sent me into the wonderful world of creating edibles, tinctures, and canna-caps. More CBD, and less THC is where I’m heading now. Plus this type of use can be of more help to several family members who have MS etc... So I’m with you bassc. There is more than one way to skin this cat. Thanks again.
          New indoors grower.
          super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
          2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
          2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
          4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
          Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Damn that’s quite the story and a lot of introspection you’ve done man good on you..you do what feels right to you of course but like the person above has said, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. If you’re still open to it, have you looked into dry herb vaporizers? These are supposed to be a “cleaner” way of smoking, along with edibles and tinctures and all the other pleasantries the 21st century has offered us. Mental health should be #1 for everybody so take care of yourself upstairs first and everything else should fall into place. Just my 2 cents.
            4x4
            Bubbly rdwc
            ES300s
            Cold water
            GH flora
            Mistakes

Comment

Sino , I plugged in my vape last night and just couldn’t bring myself to use it. I think, in my 69 yo immaturity, I’m looking for that immediate gratification that comes with a big lung full. The tube and mouthpiece get discolored with tars. Not easy to clean even with a soaking in Everclear. So I doubled up on a sublingual tincture hit and enjoyed the smoooth ride.
              New indoors grower.
              super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
              2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
              2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
              4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
              Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

I revel that we can have a constructive, healthy discussion where there's freedom to express all pertinent perspectives...from a bunch of STONERS????!!!!! Well done, carry on!!!!!
                A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I'm with all you over 60yrs. Thank you bassc for your profound and inspirational written words. May your feet carry you further each day you heal
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

What about snuff?
                    SpamX

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

I see that many people are in a similar situation. Over 60, I realized that I could not go on inhaling combustion products for ever. Switch to vape, table top with a bag, last November and haven't smoked anything else since. I do feel better for it. Take care of yourself. Thank you for sharing @bassc
                      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have wondered how much longer I'll be able to go on smoking Like I do. I'm only 44 and have been inhaling cannabis regularly for nearly 20 years. Thanks for this discussion, puts a lot of things into perspective. bassc best of luck to you and your health!

Comment

Started smoking cigs at age 16. Quit at age 34. Nothing for 5 years then started smoking cigars. Black and milds. Got to the point I was inhaling them like cigs. Diagnosed with stage 2 throat cancer at 48. Quit cigars but leaned on a vape pen for help. Gave it up 2 years ago. 38 radiation sessions later and 3 1/2 years and I'm cancer free and only thing I smoke now is sweet cheeba. But I'm really active meaning I get a lot of exercise.
                          keeping it green with the soil thing
                          love me some frosty autos
                          braap
                          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I smoke a bit, use a dry herb vaporizer, and some edibles. I smoked cigarettes in high School and quit when I was 18. I continued to smoke weed until I was 34 when I quit weed for 20years because it was too strong and no longer enjoyable (Late 80's,early 90's). I started smoking weed again about 6years ago with very clear lungs and any amount of smoke is really unpleasant so I don't smoke much. I'm 65 now. I have a tiny bong though for tiny hits if I must smoke. I have never used tobacco with Cannabis together. I could never see the point. I know it's big in Europe and other places but we never did it. Smoking anything is not just a lung issue but also has effects on the heart and blood pressure. As we become older these become bigger issues. Thanks BASC for your story. Much appreciated. All the best.

Comment

Dab, you fools! Dab!
                              SpamX

Coco/perlite
                              3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X