Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Flowering Auto

Hi guys,
    I’m growing my first autoflower (Runtz Auto by Barney’s Farm,expected 8 weeks from seed to harvest),on soil and on a 24/0 light schedule, with a 3000K lamp temp,while feeding with AN ph perfect series. The plant looks healthy and it’s growing just fine but the flowering seems to be a bit slow. Do you have any ideas what the cause might be?
    I search around a bit and I found that the light schedule might be slowing the flowering by not letting it rest. If so, would changing the time schedule be a smart choice at this point or could that cause stress or any other problem?
    I will attach a photo of the first signs of flowering, the photo was taken 4 days ago and theres not much things that changed since then.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I would appreciate any help given!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C8149A4-B754-424C-A0CA-E9BE868C3D7C.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	559614Click image for larger version

Name:	B2E157A2-91EF-450D-8DDC-2492297E6146.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	559615

My northern light auto was also slow. On the advice here I flipped to 12/12 and in about a week it started flowering and most thought it was probably a mislabeled auto. I'm still new to growing so take it with a grain of salt but in the future I plan on just flipping to 12/12 when the plants get half as high as I want them, auto or not.
    Seedsman Northern Light auto in DIY coco coir, 250W MH bulb, GH nutrients/CaliMagic in a 4 x 2 x 6 foot tent, 18/6. Put in coco: 12/22/21. 2/23/22 changed to 12/12 and 250W Super HPS bulb

Comment

woovygroovy Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply! I might try that out!

Comment

There have been a lot of mistakes by the sellers, auto or nauto, if it responds to 12/12s its a photo.

Comment

Yeah, what Rwise said. But, if you step it down to say, 20/4, then 18/6 and then 12/12, you may be able to figure out weather you have autos or photos. By the looks of several different forums, this (autos not flowering) is all to common!...must be Russia!
          New indoors grower.
          super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
          2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
          2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
          4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
          Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

GuitboxTom Thank u guys for taking the time to answer, That’s what I’ll do! I was kinda reassured from the white hairs that appear in the second pic tho. What do you think? Isn’t that a sign of early flowering?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              She's just slow to show i'd just wait longer if you got the time? Some are slow these autos are and keep i'd keep it at 18/6 slow down on veg food, introduce some low N bloom food or just water dry out then introduce bloom 1/2 strength then if plants are OK no issue go full load on bloom after 1st feeding.

SoOrbudgal Now that you say so that might actually be the problem since I’ve been going kinda hard with nutes and the AN series suggest an equal ml/L for each micro grow and bloom. The suggested feed is 4ml/L on each. Since I’m new to growing I don’t know a lot about nutrients, if you have any suggestions on the analogy it would be very helpful!
            Thanks a lot for the answer

Comment

8 weeks from seed to harvest sounds pretty optimistic, really more like impossible I think .
              I’ve run about 16 autos from different seed suppliers in the last 2 years, and they all went longer than the breeders said (although my environment will affect that too)
              I think this is pretty standard problem with seed suppliers estimated times.
              Maybe wait a bit , long veg is a good thing with autos, take advantage of it to grow a bigger plant .
              KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
              Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
              Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
              Maybe some compost teas
              Blumat watering system
              Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
              3x4x6’ tent
              Photontek 465wpro
              6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
              Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Smallgrow There are autos that finish in 56 days (+ that extra week), so 8 weeks is in the game. I did 2 56 day auto's last year, 1 went right at 60 days the other went ~2 weeks longer.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got the seed from greybeards here in OK, Tutankhamen was what they called it. I was after the shortest time line I could find for a soil test/comparison.
                  They got about 22" tall, grown outside, so not the most deal conditions for them. One was taller (n my soil) and sat on heavier.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greybeards has a 20% off sale right now for St. Patties day, code 20percent.

• Smallgrow
                  Smallgrow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thx for the info that’s interesting , I’m up here in the great white north so I may not get those but I’m gonna have a look

All of the Barney's farm on growdiaries went at least 80 days and we're slow to flower.
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

You want to see slow autos, feed them coffee! That will stunt their growth.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X