Dry Herb Vape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Herb Vape

I’m looking to get a vape to try and save my lungs a bit from the constant abuse I give them. Was looking at the Pax range - has anyone used these before or would you recommend any other brands? This is purely for flower

High MagicMike66 I bought a pax personal for 70$ its ok for a while. Thats the only one I have used. I was looking for another and found out that the newer ones have a replaceable cylinder for your flower. Also talking to my son says he has been thru a few vapes. So I dont think they last to long. Mine has been 5 months and a mason jar full of ABV. Good Luck that reminds me . I just made cannabutter yesterday and I guess I can check it out now. Later Peace Out.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

I have owned several DaVinci IQs which work well, but have required a few replacements under warranty. I recently bought the Mighty and it is very nice. Really depends what you are looking for, there are a lot of good online reviews.

Comment

Try this:

It is a table top model, makes fine vape.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Tone3000
          Tone3000 commented
          Editing a comment
          A tabletop model on sale for under $100! I am checking it out. It looks complicated in the picture. Is it easy to use and maintain? Fussy to clean? Can you use it for a short session or will it burn only a large amount at once?

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Not complicated, easy to use, maintain, easy clean. A session is a session, small or large. First 2 bags are prime, after that, it is close to used up. Toasted popcorn taste and you are done. My only gripe is the FU control. A small remote with an IR com. WTF?
          There is a learning curve, once you get it smooth sailing. Have fun with the practice! Start with a lower temp and work up to the sweet spot.
          Last edited by Ckbrew; 03-10-2022, 09:28 AM.

I spent big money on a Pax 3. The battery in it is fixed (can't be replaced without destroying it) and it will only hold enough charge for 2 bowls (ovens?) Max now.

I highly recommend the Starry 2 or 3 or whatever is the latest by xvape. It's less than $100 and it has a replaceable battery. You can charge it by plugging in the vape to a usb or you can swap out the battery for a fresh one and use a standalone charger.

I also don't have to download an app to get precise temperature control of the Starry. Without the app, the Pax controls are pretty crude. Both come with concentrate inserts and seem to heat up the same, with comparable oven sizes, etc.

The Starry oven is at the top of the unit and the Pax oven is at the bottom. The length of the vapor path doesn't seem to make any difference in the temp of the vapor. The Starry doesn't seem to get as hot on the outside (it still gets hot, just not as much as Pax) and is easier to clean.

They have very different mouthpiece styles, which is just personal preference.

[Edit to add:
        They both have a somewhat tight draw but the Pax 3 especially so.]

If I could do it again, I'd just get the Starry and I wouldn't be out hundreds of dollars for the Pax. They won't replace the Pax under warranty until the battery is so dead it won't turn on.

I've vaped nicotine liquid for years so I have more experience from those. A dead (no longer holds a charge) battery is what kills all of them. A replaceable battery is the only way it will last more than a year.

I searched all of the dry herb vapes with replaceable batteries last fall and the Starry was the least expensive one. That may have changed in the past 6 months, but it was the best at that time.

TL/DR: Get one with a replaceable battery, such as the latest Starry by Xvape
        Last edited by Tone3000; 03-15-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I own a cheap Youcan, a Firefly 2+, a Davinci IQ2 and I just bought a Mighty Plus. I wish I had bought the Mighty first. It is superior in every way.

As a 60 year old pot smoker, I too was looking for a better way to consume all of my homegrown cannabis.

The mighty is the BOMB and I am sure the Crafty is t0o, if you want portability.

Comment

MagicMike66 Visit Planetofthevapes.com They don't pimp any particular brand cause they sell em all. Good prices and service, I got a solo 2, battery lasts forever, and a holster. Purchase to delivery was so fast I checked the U.P.S. truck for a vapor trail.

Comment

Brand doesn't matter. They all do exactly, exactly the same thing. A simple box vaporizer is easy to use, easy to clean, and cheap enough to replace if you knock it into the dog's water bowl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VB1-OGStandard_8710_Natural-1000x.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	559340
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Straight up outer space alien technology.

• Floopydoop
                Floopydoop commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I have one exactly like that in a smelly plastic box somewhere in the garage. Forgot about that one.

I’ve had a Pax 2 for about 6-7 years now and never have had any problem, however, I’m not a heavy toker. I’ve been meaning to get a backup and I really don’t want a tabletop, or spend a fortune. After reading the XVape Starry review by Tone3000 - I’ve decided to order it and try it out. I really like the mouthpiece. You really can’t beat the $99 price, and they are running a 10% off special with a free case for it. Just hope my current grow justifies this purchase. 😂
              Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
              Manifold Training
              4x2x6 Grow Tent
              (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
              AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
              Extra Fan, Humidifier
              FFOF Soil
              FF Trio Nutes
              Temp: 80* RH: 50%
              Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

Comment

• Tone3000
                Tone3000 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope you like it! I'm glad my hours of searching and comparing can be of use to more than just me.

I have an air vape, solo 2, Vap Cap, and extreme q arizer and they all are basically the same just like anything else some are more for portability some to chill at home and blaze or a desk top one to hit while here writing shit cus I can’t talk shit lol. I mostly stick to my VapCap with bong attachment and use it with my bubbler for cool vape. They all get hot they have to to evaporate the goodies. But it hits like nothing else I’ve tried as far as clouds of vape.

Comment

My favorite, after spending absurd amounts of $ on bells and whistles vapes that were hard to clean and too technical, is the Arizer solo II. Cheaper--especially on Black Friday and 4/20--, very simple to clean, you dial in your preferred temp. Excellent vapor.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I bought the Arizer Solo (not a Solo 2) just before Christmas. Good price - $86. It's battery lasts a long time and the hits are very tasty! Only negative is the battery - not swappable one. Good luck with your search!
                  Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
                  Canna Coco Or
                  Happy Frog soil
                  Fox Farms nutrients trio
                  Smart pots
                  Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

For health reasons I have been using vaporizers for almost a year. I have the portable Airizer Air 2, extremely similar to the solo and solo 2 in operation. amazingly easy to maintain. decent hits, and spare battery is great, but it takes a lot to wear the battery down as is. Just ordered a second one for the vacation spot south. For home tabletop use, I have a Storz and Bickle Plenty, which gives huge rips when desired. only had it since Christmas, but so far loving it - not portable though. I think someone's attitude to maintenance should be big in choosing. for example, I have 2 friends - one somewhat lax like me - he had a Pax3, loved it- till it gummed up. he gave it to another bud who cleaned it up and has been using for almost 3 years and loves it. to each his own! Good luck.
                    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations, I’ve been researching online all your replies. Decided to go with the storz & bickle plenty. Can’t wait to try it once it arrives later this week!

Comment

Pax 3 is solid, very discreet and easy to use. I have a couple and their customer service has been excellent. It needs to be packed, and sipped to get nice vapor. I also have the airizer q and is excellent tabletop for the price. You really should get the Ddave bowl for it imo. I also have the Crafty+ that gives big hits and easy airflow, but not as discreet.

Comment

• Tone3000
                          Tone3000 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Larrytrees, maybe you can help me figure out what 'sip' means on a Pax. The airflow is so restricted that it has an extremely tight draw. There is no other way to draw from it other than slowly. So why do they instruct users to 'sip'? It just confused me when I first read it and hanging one, now I figure it was a warning about the tight draw. What do you think?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X