***Advice needed ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Advice needed ***

Hello fellow growmies! I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as it seems I don’t know exactly what could be the issue or if there is even an issue at all. As you can see from the picture these girls are about 2 weeks old and I feel that they are slowly growing and not as dark green as I’ve seen in other grows on here. Soil I’m using is fox farms ocean forest and simply giving them plain distilled water at 6.5 ph.. humidity is around 70-80% and temp at 75. For this run I’ll be using fox farms trio (grow big, big bloom, tiger blood), followed by cal mag, mammoth, and recharge. I am totally new to growing and these are what I decided to go with since I’ve found tons of videos on these products. Obviously there’s going to be trial and error however I just want to be able to make it through this run somewhat successful. Can anyone help me out? It would be much appreciated 🙌

Hey EKIM203 . Stop using distilled water on your plants. Tap water is fine unless you live in Flint, MI. Leave it out for a day to off-gas chlorine. All else looks good. Plants seem to slow down right after they take off. Then they take off, again. They can grow like weeds!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      And don't compare your plants to others unless you put them next to another and take a picture with the same camera, in the same light.

• EKIM203
      EKIM203 commented
      Editing a comment
      🙌🙌🙌Thanks for the advice! I’ll give it a try.. it gets a bit confusing with all the different information out there,I had read that tap water had a bunch of bad stuff in it that is not good and that using distilled or switching to an ro system was much better.😅🤷‍♂️ Knowing is half the battle 🙌🙌

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Water is the elixer of life. Even with all the shit in it. If you can drink it, so can your plants.

Gingerbeard what do you mean unless you live in flint, MI? I thought Obama said go ahead drink the water it’s good and sipped on a glass of fresh flint water? Lol.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Pulled a Clinton: he didn't swallow. No, wait. That was Monica. Zing!!!

GingerbeardMan Hahha. Wow. I love it. Now that is a good one.

Comment

GingerbeardMan lol Monica and his island girls!
      1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
      1 sf2000 @200 watts
      2 philzon @230 watts
      2x4x5 tent
      3x6x8 closet
      Fox Farm ocean forest
      Black gold for seedling
      3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
      RH 40-60
      Temp 70-80
      Feeding with FF trio with molasses
      calmag and a little flower fuel
      Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

You know Gingerbeard, not everyone lives in the USA. If the PH is at 6.5 it is fine to use if this grower wants to...it's in the perfect range for a soil grow. Distilled water can be expensive, yes, and tap water is fine if de-chlorinated but also PH tested when mixed with nutrients...hence the reason people tend to use PH Up/Down solutions to correct imbalances in the tap water.

Having said all this, the plants look fine for the most part. Slow growth could be a number of factors but typically if it is too wet and too cool they will slow down in growth. Temp and humidity should be in optimal ranges for faster growth.

You said humidity was 70-80 and at that temp, 75F, The plants can't breath up top. Reduce the humidity to 50% and increase the temp to 80F and make sure you are watering only when the first 1-2 inches of topsoil is dry to the touch. Make sure you have a good fan blowing too.

Remember that Fox farm soil will run out of nutes in about 4 weeks so start feeding at that point.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• EKIM203
          EKIM203 commented
          Editing a comment
          Super helpful thank you for the feedback. Just brought my humidity to 45-50% and temp is at 81.fingers 🤞

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X