Concentrate edibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concentrate edibles

When I say 'concentrate' I mean things like wax, shatter, crumble, resin, et. al.
    Chocolate has a low melting point. Concentrates have a much higher melting point. I'm wondering if dissolving a little alcohol in DC'd concentrate would work well in helping disperse the concentrate in melted chocolate. Really, maybe, if a few drops of ETOH would do funny things to the chocolate.
    Not talking butter, here. Just chocolate.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I would think that would work very well. Use 95%. Try mixing some eth with chocolate first before adding dab to see if there are any challenges.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Forgot to mention. I can only get 151 proof. Otherwise, I have to use ISO.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

If that is what you have to work with, then try it on a small sample. Say no to ISO for edibles.

Comment

Decarbed a gram of terp crystals. Basically, THCA crystals in terp sauce. It's a completely different form of concentrate than I've worked with in the past. Much easier to work in with chocolate because it never thickens up.
          Checked the temperature of the little glass I was decarbing in until it was cool enough to hold in my fingers. Dropped in a piece of chocolate to get things thinning. Winding up with enough chocolate (approximately 1.5 pips) to fill the glass. Stirred a bunch and poured the slurry into a small silicon container to cool.
          Between licking the stir stick a couple times, and fingering out what I could from the glass, I can tell you the decarb worked as my face is swelling to a comfortable puff.
          The taste is nasty and prevalent because there was so little chocolate compared to terp sauce.
          I might get up and do the Safety Dance.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Next time try flavored extract to hide some of the nasty.
            DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
            TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
            Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
            10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
            50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
            8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
            2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
            w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
            2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
            2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
            GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
            Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
            . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
            Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Melted last nights pips with a full bar of Hershey's King Size, let it cool, ate a quarter at 12:30, another at 2:30. Ate some pizza nubbin's before, and have been noshing. First effects about 30 minutes after the first. Feels like a long peak. Me and the cosmos, man. We are so freaking one.
              Imma gonna g'head and say my experiment is a mind altering success!
              Flower, including hash and kief, concentrates, and edibles are completely different highs.
              Here's Dabber. She never looks at the camera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	930.1 KB
ID:	558482

αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Far out man...

Comment

Experiment time might be over: third edible made a third way than the first two. 250° for 35 minutes.
                  Research pretty much had all the same decarbing instructions for heat and time as decarbing cannabis. Somewhere, sometime ago I read something. For decarbing shatter, once it starts bubbling, wait for it to stop. The bubbles are the THCA kicking off the A in the form of oxygen(?). Y'all know better than me about that chemistry. My other concentrate edible experiments were done with house shatter. Not the best. Shatter is way different in structure than terp sauce. When I worked with it, it bubbled and stopped and was super hard to get mixed with chocolate.
                  My first was decarbed at 240° for 25 minutes. I wasn't watching for bubbling and didn't notice. When cooled to mix with chocolate, the sauce was still pretty liquid and mixed easily. 4 on my personal HAF scale.
                  Number two was 250° for 45 minutes. I left it in that long because it was bubbling that long. When cooled, it began thickening up. It took a bit of extra heat to get it to mix in. 5 on my personal HAF scale.
                  Today's was decarbed at 250° for 30 minutes. Same as number two, still bubbling and thick to mix. Probably an 8 on my personal HAF scale.
                  I got thinking about that number two. Terp sauce is saucy with crystals. Since the TS was bubbling so long, was part of the bubbling boiling? Maybe the kickoff of the A and boiling?
                  Dosage was negligible between 1.5 and 2 grams.
                  For you folks who think concentrates are Satan's boogers, go lick a toilet handle at an amusement park. You're just a damn dirty hippy who loops 'Freebird' and sings 'Freebird' at church when it's time to do the hymns and tell hookers to call you Lynyrd.
                  Unless you're a chick. If you're a chick, concentrates are not Satan's boogers. Trust me, ladies!
                  αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X