Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I’ll try that, thanks

Comment

Ok, I’ll try that next watering. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

I agree on the ph level. Are you letting the tap water sit opened for 24 hrs. I do 48. That's a powerful light may need to be 24" or higher on light recommend 12" at flowering. That burned the crap out of them 20" works good so play with it.

Comment

Yeah, they are powerful lights. I spoke one of their techs, he gave me light levels in PPFD. I downloaded the app he suggested. Apparently they tested the app against and expensive meter and it was lower about 50 PPFD. The plant I posted is young and is at least 44” away. I will leave the tap water open, didn’t think of that, thanks Johnb, 👍😎

Comment

One other note does your tap water contain choline or chloramine.. the later does not bleed out. You need to add your acid and let it sit. Then readjust as necessary.
            good luck my friend.

Attached Files

Comment

johnb1963 Thanks again. There is chlorine in the tap water.
              Hope I’m as successful with my grow, those look delicious 😎

Comment

Yeah it's def looking like pH might be low... Looks almost exactly like what i was dealing with in a far back grow. I was using tap water as well and adjusting it to the correct pH, but for some reason the plants were not responding to it and it just kept making the soil more and more acidic even when I put in water with a pH of 8 It didn't help.
                That's one thing I've been noticing with Fox Farm brand soils They like to go acidic very quickly. This is the last time I'll be using that brand. I've had less headaches with miracle gro not to mention the spider might infestation that the soil started.
                Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
                MAC1 (Blimburn)
                Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
                Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
                T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

No kidding ! We’ll have to change next grow, thanks for the advice. What are planning to change to ? Did you ever resolve the problem?
                  Thanks again

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                    No3odiesShad0w commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah i just started buying gallons of spring water from the store... 2$ for 3 gallons. The pH is good and i haven't had any issues since. The tap fluctuates too much plus the chlorine isn't good for growing in living soil. My soil pH problems disappeared and it doesn't cost much at all for a small grow

Update ! Discovered my digital PH tester was way off. I used a PH soil tester tonight and the soil is above 7 !!
                  The big question now is what is the best and hopefully quickest way to correct this before I loose my crop.
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

i would would flush with 6.5 ph water, 100% runoff, test the runoff.

Comment

johnb1963 Thanks ! Gonna give it a shot this morning.

Comment

I did the flush today with 6-6.25 PH water. The run off was around 5.6-5.9. Totally confused by that ! Didn’t feed, they were just potted up last week
                        Thanks for all the suggestions and advice 😎

Comment

Thanks to everyone, looks like a good flush with the lower PH water made a big difference. I along added some more soil to the top of the plant and lightly watered after the flush. I think that gave it some new food with the proper PH did the trick !😀 See pic ! Pics came out after first, then before. Thanks again 👍
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3BD15847-6E21-4FE6-B065-A96897E91FEC.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	558743Click image for larger version

Name:	77855BD2-661F-406D-AC5B-D5815F907F59.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	558744

Comment

good job, but why did you flush with such a low ph? now your runoff is a little low. next watering, start at 6.5. Happy Growing

Comment

johnb1963, thanks. I had a soil PH meter which was incorrect and lead me to believe the soil was too alkaline, was reading above 7. So I tried to compensate. But just the flush and a little soil on top and seemed to improve the color.
                              Thanks for your advice, really appreciate it 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X