Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about my next grow

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my next grow, and I'm going to grow Autos this time, so I've got a couple of questions about it.

First of all, Should I FIM my plants?
    I've read the tutorial on the website, which covers everything nicely, so I'm comfortable with the process.
    But I've read conflicting views about FIMing Autos.

And the other question is about transplanting, again, I've read the articles here about it,
    I plan to start them in RapidRooter plugs, so can I grow them in a solo cup and transplant as normal, or should I plant it in it's final container, and watch for over-watering?
    again, I've read conflicting views.

Anybody got any input? just trying to get a general consensus...

Thanks,
    GrumpyOldMan
    Here's what I've got:

4'x4'x80" Maxsisun tent
    2 - MF2000 Maxsisun 230w LED lights
    3 - 5 gal fabric containers -
    MotherEarth Coco bale 100% coco
    RapidRooter plugs
    390 CFM exhaust fan
    2 - 6" Fans
    1 - 12" Oscillating fan
    Fox Farm Nutrients - Hydroponic Food, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom
    Cal-Mag
    Current grow - Gelat.OG x 3

I have always started mine in their finish pots, based on the reviews that I have read also, never an issue. I have a grow going now that I topped, my first time, and they responded great.
    hope this helps.
    good luck

Comment

I also start all my plants in their final pots and I FIM them all without any problems.

Comment

I've grown several autos. At first I started them in small pots and transplanted. Eventually figured out that skipping that day or two of no growth during transplant shock made a big difference with autos. So I started planting directly in the final pot. Also I do top them right when flowering begins with good results.

Comment

I grew autos for the first time last year. I left some and topped & lst other. The topped plant produced less but the bud quality was much better. Also put the rapid rooter into final pots

Comment

I transplanted my first couple runs , but now I go from plug to final container .
            Just water the standard amount around your seedling , and keep the rest of the pot moist while you wait for the plant to catch up . Less work is one feature of autos often over looked, like no transplanting. If you do transplant make sure to do it a a bit early . My understanding is that the if the auto roots find the pot sides there is a possibility of slowed growth or stunting.
            I top between 3 rd and 5 th node and LST hard . Last 4 plants gave 1.1 lbs in a 3x3ish

Dr.coco from cocoforcannabis has some good current info on autos if you look him up
            KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
            Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
            Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
            Maybe some compost teas
            Blumat watering system
            Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
            3x4x6’ tent
            Photontek 465wpro
            6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
            Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

I tried auto twice, and both times (once by mistake) I went from solo to final pot and both times the plants were tiny (stunted I asume). two different strains so - I wouldnt do that again.
              A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I like to grow autos hydroponically. However when I didn’t, I started in final container to avoid unnecessary stress. As with all plants if healthy and growing well topping/ fimming shouldn’t be an issue in my experience.
                “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
                ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X