Attn Pro Mix users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn Pro Mix users

Hello! I was recently speaking to a guy in the hydroponics/supply shop that I frequent. We were talking about different soils that are popular and he asked me if I ever considered trying promix. Yes, I have heard of it but have never tried it. He told me all about it in about ten minutes and he was so passionate about this stuff that at times it was hard for me to follow along with what he was saying. In a nut shell I understand there are at least three different kinds of promix...am I correct. I could have sworn he said that none of them need added nutes but you could add amendments if you wanted.

I am willing to try promix but what should I get? Just get the basic one? Do I add anything to it for veg or flower? If so WHAT should I add?
    As always, any recommendations or suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

I know some have used it, i do not. I find it just as simple to buy and mix my own soil. I have heard certain brand of promix was a problem for some growers but i don't remember who used it.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I looked at it but saw that it contained time released fertilizers so I kept shopping. Time released nutrients tend to wreak havoc on weed come flower & bud in my experience.
      Last edited by crucialbunny; 02-19-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, there are different varieties of promix. Some do have nutrients in it already. I use "promix HP" which doesn't contain any nutrients. You need to add nutrients. Which gives you control over what you're feeding your plants. Keep in mind that promix HP is a peat and perlite mix and your ideal ph will be closer to hydro than soil (around 5.8) is where I like mine. Promix hp works well for a living soil or with synthetic nutrients. As for the other types of promix I cant comment.

Comment

I used to use Promix product. I don't know what type. It was easy to get and seemed like quality soil. My plants grew ok with it but when a grow shop opened in our city I was able to get Fox Farm Happy Frog with which I had much better results. using the same nutrients. Promix is better than regular potting soil and is ok if you can't get anything else. I wouldn't give it rave reviews though. I think Fox Farm soils are better.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X