Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves Turn Lime-yellow

Hello people,
    I am a new grower and I am currently growing my first small pot plant (1.3L) on a soil medium of 55%-65% humidity an 5,5-6,5 ph.The strain is Runtz Auto from Barney’s Farm genetics and It’s now entering the 3rd week of growth on a 24/24 light schedule. The first week I only gave it Ph’ed water, the second week I fed it once with a nutrients solution of Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect, 1.5ml/L Micro (2-0-0),1.5ml/L Grow(1-0-4) and 1,5ml/L Bloom (1-3-4). For the rest of the week I again gave it plain Ph’ed water (This time the ph may have been a bit over 6,5 but surely under 7). The plant was looking great an it grew with an amazing pace, but three days ago or so I noticed that the two first leaves (not the real leaves but the ones at the bottom) started yellowing and the rest of the plants leaves had a really small downward angle. The next day the yellowing started moving on to the first true leaves on the bottom of the plant ( even yellowing, turning the color of the leaves to a lime color ). At first I thought it was due to over watering since the pot was plastic and didn’t have that good of a draining system and the soil may be a bit more compact than it needs to be,so I opens some small holes on the bottom and on the lower sides of the pot and I left the soil to mostly dry out. Then I realized that it might be a Nitrogen dificiency, so I fed the plant with the AN solution (4ml/L of each component as the schedule suggest) . This was yesterday and I can’t really tell if the plant is getting better or worse. I provided some photos of how it’s holding up today. Can anyone tell me their opinion on what the problem might be and suggest what’s the best root to take to cure it?
    It would be a great help,
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Your pot is too small and you should be targeting 6.0 to 7.0 pH in soil not 5.5 to 6.5 as you mentioned (that range is for hydro)

Comment

As for the pot size, I know it’s too small, but since I don’t care about the amount of yield and I prefer for the plant to stay small I didn’t think it would be a problem. Could the ph of soil be the cause of the problem?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! (more letters)

Hey Naps1312 . I'll talk about the pot. It's fine, for now. Consider transplanting it to a small fabric pot. I don't know why sewing up an old t-shirt or blue jeans leg wouldn't do the trick. Eventually, your plant will get root bound, and suffocate in the current pot. Putting together a bag will allow oxygen to get to the roots. O to the roots is important.
      Since you're into small, check out this link. Freaking amazing what people can do.

The SOLO cup challenge - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard Hey 👋
        Thanks a lot for your reply,
        Do you think that ,this might be the cause of the current problem?
        Also,I completely understand what you are suggesting and honestly at the start of my growth I didn’t know enough to avoid this problem by planting in a fabric pot. My only consideration is that, from what I’ve read, transplanting may stun the autoplants growth. As I said I opened many holes on the side of the pot using a small heated screw driver and being very careful not to hurt the roots (
        visible in the photos). Could this solve the problem or transplanting is my best option?
        Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Naps1312; 02-19-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gonna punt this one leave it up to someone who will hold this hand i'm gonna take a nap.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          take a nap...

Hi Naps1312. What do you mean by a “24/24 light schedule”? Do you mean 24/0? If so, I’d recommend sticking to the standard prescribed 18/6, at least until you’re a little more experienced.

Comment

Rik Hey 👋
          Yeah that’s was a typo,
          Is there any particular benefits to a 18/6?
          Does it make the whole procedure easier?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            It costs less money, and longer hours does not make more yield.

Those holes will do little. I did the same thing with some one gallon plastic pots except I used a razor and called them anger holes. There was no difference between holes and no holes.
          Transplanting? Figure you can have a stunted plant or a dead one.
          I'm looking at the new picture of your pot. Off the top of my head, I can't think of too many people who use sloped sided pots. Houseplants, sure. They don't need as much attention. The pot funnels the roots into a tighter ball at the bottom. Same-same with the water. Things don't dry out evenly. Half way up, the plant is dry. The bottom half may never dry.
          I'm going to ask, politely, that you get your plant out of that self watering pot. I had one. They are only effective in holding water that gets slimy and moldy. The only way you want your roots to keep wet is going DWC. Also, the drain holes on the bottom are just as important as the anger holes except the drainage holes are always in water.
          It's great to put your first seed down and see what happens. There are minimums a novice grower can get away with. Easily fixed mistakes. Swamp rot on the bottom of your pot is not one of them.
          Get me on all this? I haven't had my post nap dab.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            anger holes...

Also I really appreciate any advice,being a beginner,
          but if you can, address the problem that I talk about on the post, probable causes an cures because I feel kinda lost!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            My bad. I was only talking about pots. pH already got talked about so I let it go. RetiredGuy hit it in post #2.

Gingerbeard Thanks a lot. I’ll look into transplanting the plant and I hope everything goes well! Have a nice day

Comment

Ckbrew Usually after I talk at my landlady do I make anger holes. Some people pop bubble-wrap. Some people fray helpless plastic pots with red-hot Phillips head screwdrivers.
            Please click here.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Naps1312 View Post
              Hello people,
              I am a new grower and I am currently growing my first small pot plant (1.3L) on a soil medium of 55%-65% humidity an 5,5-6,5 ph.The strain is Runtz Auto from Barney’s Farm genetics and It’s now entering the 3rd week of growth on a 24/24 light schedule. The first week I only gave it Ph’ed water, the second week I fed it once with a nutrients solution of Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect, 1.5ml/L Micro (2-0-0),1.5ml/L Grow(1-0-4) and 1,5ml/L Bloom (1-3-4). For the rest of the week I again gave it plain Ph’ed water (This time the ph may have been a bit over 6,5 but surely under 7). The plant was looking great an it grew with an amazing pace, but three days ago or so I noticed that the two first leaves (not the real leaves but the ones at the bottom) started yellowing and the rest of the plants leaves had a really small downward angle. The next day the yellowing started moving on to the first true leaves on the bottom of the plant ( even yellowing, turning the color of the leaves to a lime color ). At first I thought it was due to over watering since the pot was plastic and didn’t have that good of a draining system and the soil may be a bit more compact than it needs to be,so I opens some small holes on the bottom and on the lower sides of the pot and I left the soil to mostly dry out. Then I realized that it might be a Nitrogen dificiency, so I fed the plant with the AN solution (4ml/L of each component as the schedule suggest) . This was yesterday and I can’t really tell if the plant is getting better or worse. I provided some photos of how it’s holding up today. Can anyone tell me their opinion on what the problem might be and suggest what’s the best root to take to cure it?
              It would be a great help,
              Thanks for taking the time to read my post!
              Ok mate you need a bigger pot keep your ph between 6 to 7 and give nutes every feed usualy start at a quarter strengh then build up next time put the plant straight into a 3 gallon pot your better growing normal plants instead of autos you can mess about more until you have a few grows under your belt also learn the weight of your pots before and after water so then you know when pot is light feed plus lights on 18 6 they need the dark just like nature hope this helps

Comment

growell Ur reply was actual very helpful, thank u for that.What do u think about transplanting this plant?is it my only hope?

Comment

• growell
                  growell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ye mate transplant it hold the stem between 2 fingers turn pot unside down and the whole thing should drop into your hand if it stuck just give the pot a squeeze its easy you will fuck loads of things up i have thats the best way to learn unfortunatly if you got more seeds put another one down put in a bigger pot and feed more that seems to be the only thing you done wrong mate if you need more help just message me

Transplanting will be good IF you can pull it off without damaging the roots, yes it can be done. Have a helper?
                It will take experience to grow in a small pot, I would have problems myself.
                PH for soil, in veg hold it between 6.2 - 6.5 in flower hold it between 6.5 - 6.8, you will have less issues.
                Bigger pots have more soil for the plant and should do better than small pots. You dont have to water as often, and if you miss a day they'll be fine with the moisture still there, not so in small pots.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X